Job Code: 22456
Employer: Alfred Health
Salary: TH10 + 10%
Closing application date: 02/02/2020
Pharmacy Technician – Ward Based (Grade 3 + 10% Allowance)
Full-time (Parental leave, fixed term – November 2020) – 80 hours per fortnight plus ADO
Alfred Health incorporating The Alfred, Caulfield Hospital and Sandringham Hospital
The Pharmacy services operate over 4 sites within Alfred Health and involve in training interns, undergraduate and overseas research students. Pharmacists are essential members of all clinical teams and have a critical role in patient management. Their understanding of Pharmaceutics, Pharmacology and Medicine Management ensures Alfred Health patients receive the best pharmacy care possible. Further information is available at www.alfredpharmacy.org.au
The Alfred Health Ward Based Pharmacy Technician provides technical support to Clinical Pharmacists at ward level to ensure patients medications are available in a safe and timely manner. Key aspects of this role include ordering and distribution of medications, analysis of imprest lists and assessment and management of patients’ own medicines throughout admission. At the Alfred, we are leading the way in innovation and opportunities to implement skills through our Medication Management Technician (MMT) roles. MMT roles such as Gastro MMT, ICU MMT and HITH MMT are forging the way in patient centred care through the management of medications and patient co-ordination from an interdisciplinary approach.
- Onsite gym
- Child care
- Discount health insurance
- Salary packaging
- Car parking
Qualifications and Experience
- Relevant Certificate IV OR Certificate III with progress towards Certificate IV (or equivalent qualifications).
- Minimum of 3-years post qualification experience in hospital pharmacy.
- Experience supervising or training staff.
- Experience of data collection for audit or research purposes.
- Good command of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Accuracy and efficiency in the supply of medications.
- Strong communication skills.
- Demonstrated teamwork, initiative and innovation.
How to ApplyVia this website
Further Information: Belinda Theobald 9076 2061