Job Code: 503609
Employer: Tasmanian Health Service - Launceston General Hospital
Salary: $90,269 to $100,483 per annum
Closing application date: 20/10/2019
Provide a safe and efficient medication dispensing service to inpatients and outpatients of the Tasmanian Health Service – Northern Region. Provide supervision and leadership to and oversee the work of other team members. Co-ordinate dispensing and medication supply practices and ensure practices comply with legal requirements, professional ethics, and departmental and hospital policies.
- Pharmacy experience in a range of activities such as dispensing, patient counselling, clinical pharmacy, manufacturing and drug information, preferably in a hospital setting, together with experience in the application of relevant legislation, codes of practice and workplace guidelines in the practice of pharmacy.
- An understanding of and experience with the frameworks used to guide and develop clinical pharmacy services, such as the APAC Guidelines, Pharmaceutical Review, and Medication Management Review programs (e.g. HMR and DMMR).
- Ability to assess and evaluate drug regimens and medicines information, and demonstrated experience in dispensing medications under the Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme, and other mechanisms for subsidised access to pharmaceuticals, including Clinical Trials, Section 100, and State Government subsidies.
- Experience in managing a team of pharmacy staff in a dispensary setting together with experience in developing and implementing policies and procedures for application by a range of health professionals
- Highly-developed communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to contribute effectively as an active member of a diverse, multi-disciplinary team, communicate with sensitivity and respect and provide tailored advice to other healthcare professionals and the patient.
- Proven history of contributing positively to the workplace and delivering workplace improvements within a continuous quality improvement framework.
- Demonstrated problem solving and conflict resolution skills applied to resolve practice-based issues and interpersonal conflict amongst team members.
How to ApplyVia this website
Download this position description and apply directly: Further Information:
Contact: Kristy Coleman 0436646678