- Be responsible for the planning and delivery of an efficient clinical pharmacy service to the Surgical Services at Melbourne Health
- Actively participate in medication safety, quality improvement initiatives and research
- Supervision and education of pharmacists, technicians, interns and students within the team
The Royal Melbourne is one of Victoria’s largest hospitals providing a comprehensive range of health services including acute, sub-acute, general, and specialist medical services throughout inpatient and community based facilities. We are also a proud part of the world renowned Melbourne Biomedical Precinct, working in collaboration to advance research for continuous improvement of clinical care.
We are looking for passionate and dedicated individuals to join our Pharmacy team. This is a Full Time – Fixed Term position, working 80 hours per fortnight, based mainly at Royal Melbourne City Campus, however it is expected that due to operational needs, occasional travel will be necessary across all Melbourne Health sites.
- Deliver high quality clinical pharmacy services and patient care to Surgical Services
- Support advances in clinical practice & patient care activities
- Provide supervision and mentoring for pharmacists, technicians, interns and students
- Collaborate with key staff across the organisation
- Contribute to on call, after hours and weekend services
- Registered as a pharmacist with AHPRA
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in delivering clinical pharmacy services
- Capacity to perform under pressure, to meet time constraints and determine work priorities
- A demonstrated commitment to continuous quality improvement process, leadership, service development and ongoing change
- Well-developed staff supervision and interpersonal skills
- Proficient oral and written communication skills
- Relevant post graduate qualification is desirable
- A Values based organisation offering great prospects for career diversity and professional advancement, including training and research opportunities, and access to mentorship and leadership programs
- Comprehensive Health & Wellbeing Programs including; On-site staff gym, Staff Medical Service, Employee Assistance Program, Peer Support Program - run by our dedicated employees
- Salary packaging options, monthly ADOs (That’s an additional day off every month!), onsite car parking, close to public transport
Find out more about The Royal Melbourne Hospital https://www.thermh.org.au
If you have any questions or require more information, connect with us. We look forward to hearing from you.
Melbourne Health is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity, ethical practice, and the principles of Cultural Diversity and social inclusion.
All appointments are made subject to a satisfactory Criminal History Record Check and a Working With Children Check. Successful applicants will be required to provide evidence of an immunisation assessment prior to commencement.
We build teams that embrace our values – caring, excellence, integrity, respect, and unity.
Join us to be the first in Care, Research and Learning