Job Code: 521733
Employer: Launceston General Hospital
Salary: $99,861 - $106,369
Closing application date: 25/03/2018
The successful applicant will be responsible for providing professional leadership, direction, coordination and supervision in the area of manufacturing services for the Launceston General Hospital (LGH) and its clients.
The successful applicant will work closely with the Clinical Trials and Oncology teams to manage the supply and production aspects of medications and ensure all requirements are observed.
The incumbent will actively participate in multi-disciplinary teams, providing sound advice and fostering a positive image of the pharmacy service and provide professional advice and consultancy services to other disciplines and the public.
Enthusiastic Pharmacists looking to actively participate to the contribution of the statewide service delivery functions of Statewide Hospital Pharmacy Operations should apply.
- Salary packaging is available.
- RDO roster in place.
- Flexible work / life balance.
- Relocation assistance and / or temporary accommodation may be provided to the successful applicant.
- Commitment to ongoing professional development.
Entitled to be granted registration by the Pharmacy Board of Australia.
Only applications containing claims against the selection criteria will be considered:-
- Extensive hospital pharmacy experience, including 3 years’ experience in hospital pharmacy manufacturing.
- Demonstrated high level of interpersonal, communication, negotiation and conflict resolution skills, including the ability to lead, supervise and liaise with staff and other health professionals.
- Professional qualification or equivalent level of recognised professional competency or a commitment to working towards a qualification or level of competency which supports this specialist position.
- Knowledge and practical experience in the application of Pharmacy Department policies and procedures including State regulations, professional practice guidelines and the Code of Good Manufacturing Practice that applies to dispensary and manufacturing services.
- Demonstrated organisational and business skills with the ability to analyse needs, implement plans and prioritise within a strategic framework.
- Knowledge and understanding of accreditation procedures, quality improvement processes and risk management strategies relating to the dispensary and manufacturing services.
Hospital Information: The Launceston General Hospital (LGH) is a 350 bed hospital in Tasmania’s northern population centre of Launceston. Launceston is one of Australia’s oldest cities, with a population of approximately 80,000. The LGH provides hospital services to patients in the State’s north, and is a referral centre for patients in the north west. Strong relationships exist with the Royal
Department Head: Tom Simpson, Executive Director, Statewide Hospital Pharmacy Operations
Department Information: The LGH Pharmacy Department forms part of the Statewide Hospital Pharmacy Operations Unit. The LGH Pharmacy Department employs around 40 pharmacists and support staff. The Department provides clinical pharmacy services to a number of wards of the hospital (including ICU, paediatrics, oncology, rehabilitation, emergency medicine, acute medicine, general medical and surgical wards). It also provides a number of other services including the manufacturing of aseptic and non aseptic products, chemotherapy preparation, clinical trials, outpatient dispensing, therapeutic drug monitoring and educational in-services.
Location Information: For information about working for the Department of Health and Human Services and living in the northern region of Tasmania, including local attractions and lifestyle.
How to ApplyVia this website
Contact: Paula Cooper, Pharmacy Support Officer, email@example.com (03) 6777 6733