Job Code: 520780
Employer: The North West Regional Hospital
Salary: $ 86,462 - $ 96,245
Closing application date: 15/10/2017
The successful applicant will deliver a high level pharmacy service in the newly funded Cancer Centre by providing and coordinating comprehensive pharmaceutical care as part of a multidisciplinary team in the areas of oncology and haematology, including dispensing and patient counselling and the provision of professional advice and consultancy services to other health professionals.
The successful applicant will be expected to provide training, professional supervision and support to Pharmacy staff within the North West Regional Hospital and Mersey Community Hospital.
Duties will include:
- Educate pharmacy staff and undergraduate and postgraduate students in the theory and practice of clinical pharmacy services and supervise other pharmacists and associated support staff in the specialist areas.
- Take an active role in the maintenance and provision of drug information and drug utilisation evaluation within the areas of the specialties and in education programs for other health professionals (including undergraduates).
- Keep abreast of emerging trends in drug therapy in the specialist areas by self education and participation in national networks and participate in research and clinical drug trials.
- Review existing policies and procedures and develop new procedures and methods related to the specialist areas including an involvement in the development of electronic prescribing and decision support.
- Liaise with Supervisory Pharmacist, Dispensary / Manufacturing to ensure the provision of an efficient drug delivery service to patients.
Enthusiastic experienced hospital pharmacists looking for an opportunity to contribute to a vibrant and energetic clinical team, in an open and collaborative working environment should apply.
- Salary packaging is available
- Flexible work/life balance
- Commitment to ongoing professional development
- Relocation assistance may be coordinated for the successful applicant
- Registration with the Pharmacy Board of Australia
The North West Regional Hospital (NWRH) at Burnie is a modern 160 bed facility providing high quality health care and specialist services to North West Tasmania, the West Coast of Tasmania and King Island. It offers services in medical, surgical and allied health specialties through inpatient and outpatient departments. The hospital caters for the emergency resuscitation, surgery and intensive care of most trauma patients and other medical conditions.
A multi-million dollar regional Cancer Care Centre has recently been opened at the NWRH. Features of the centre include:
- An MRI scanner
- Chemotherapy chairs
- Consulting rooms
- A base for outreach palliative care
- Education facilities
The new centre has also be designed to allow space for the future installation of radiation therapy infrastructure (linear accelerator). This project is being jointly funded by the Commonwealth and State Governments.
The NWRH Pharmacy Department forms part of the State-wide Hospital Pharmacy
Operations Unit. The NWRH Pharmacy Department employs around 25 pharmacists and support staff. The Department provides clinical pharmacy services to a number of wards of the hospital (including ICU, oncology, mental health services, general medical and surgical wards). It also provides a number of other services including the manufacturing of aseptic and non aseptic products, chemotherapy preparation, outpatient dispensing, therapeutic drug monitoring and quality assurance activities.
The Department has strong links with the Pharmacy School at the University of Tasmania, with regular student rotations. The Department also prides itself on providing an excellent intern training program.
How to ApplyVia this website
Contact: Kelly Beswick, Pharmacy Site Manager, email@example.com (03) 6493 6289