- Job no: 52981
- Category: Allied Health and Medical Science, Pharmacy
Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory to inpatient and home and community-based services.
- Full-Time - 80 hours per fortnight plus ADO
- Permanent Role
- Classification - Pharmacy Technician Grade 4 (TH14)
- Location: The Alfred Hospital
- Great staff benefits
The Pharmacy Department works closely with patients, their families and other health services to provide high-level pharmaceutical care. Our departments' priorities are to provide information on medication safety, cost-effective use of medication for patients and deliver specialised pharmacy expertise at important points of a patient's recovery or treatment process. The Pharmacy Department at Alfred Health is a dynamic and innovative service at the forefront of clinical practice.
The Alfred Pharmacy services operate across all Alfred Health sites and are well recognised nationally and internationally for high quality, innovative, patient-focused services, education and training programmes as well as significant research output.
Our pharmacy technicians engage in core activities including dispensing, aseptic manufacturing, clinical trials, procurement and ward-based services. They are also trained to perform extended scope of practice roles such as tech-check-tech (medication accuracy checking) credentialing.
This position is suited to a pharmacy technician who can apply a high standard of education and training methods to ensure pharmacy technicians have the necessary skills, knowledge and capability to undertake both core and extended roles. It is also suited to an enthusiastic and innovative pharmacy technician who can create and maintain new programs that will further support the development of other pharmacy technicians and pharmacy staff.
In addition to this you will be expected to participate in an operational workload (e.g., ward-based, dispensary etc). You will also be supported to conduct practice-based research projects within the workforce and development team.
As the successful candidate you will demonstrate the following:
- Extensive Hospital Pharmacy Experience
- Experience in a Senior Pharmacy Technician role
- Certificate IV in Hospital Health Services Pharmacy Support or equivalent overseas qualification.
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment or equivalent overseas qualification.
- Experience delivering and assessing training of pharmacy technicians
- Problem-solving and initiative
- Excellent communication, time management skills with the ability to prioritise, plan and organise your work and deliver to deadlines
- Experience designing training or education programs (desirable)
- Project management experience (desirable)
- Proficiency using iPharmacy dispensing software (desirable)
Staff benefits include salary packaging, an accrued day off per month, on-site car parking, discounted private health insurance, and access to gym and library facilities.
If this opportunity sounds like it is for you, click the APPLY button, including your resume and cover letter.
Applications close on Sunday 15th May 2022 at midnight
All internal applications must be made via the careers page in eHub using your Alfred email address.
For a confidential discussion please contact Elira Menxhiqi, Lead Pharmacist - Workforce and Development
Telephone 03 9076 2061 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications must be submitted electronically via the Alfred Health website - applications forwarded to the contact email address will not be considered.
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.
In compliance with the Victorian Chief Health Officer's Mandatory Vaccination Directions, all Alfred health employees must be vaccinated against COVID-19 with TGA approved vaccine and must have evidence of their vaccination status.