- Senior Pharmacist – Surgical Specialties
- Full Time 80 hours per fortnight plus ADO
- Classification - Grade 3 Pharmacist SX6 - SX81
- Fixed term position - Primary Carer's Leave
- Alfred Hospital location
The Pharmacy Department works closely with patient, their family and other health services to provide excellent service in the area of medication. Our departments' priorities are to provide information on medication safety, cost-effective use of medication for patients and deliver specialised pharmacy expertise at important points of a patient's recovery or treatment process. The Pharmacy Department at Alfred Health provides a dynamic and innovative clinical pharmacy service to ensure Alfred Health patients receive the best pharmacy care possible. Further information is available at https://www.alfredhealth.org.au/services/pharmacy-at-alfred-health
Alfred Health is currently seeking a Senior Pharmacist to provide expertise in the delivery and development clinical pharmacy services to the Surgical Specialties (including Vascular Surgery, Upper Gastrointestinal surgery, Colorectal surgery, Ear Nose and Throat, Plastics, Urology, Breast and Endocrine surgery, and Radiology) across Alfred Health.
In this role, you will lead and develop a team of motivated pharmacists and work alongside some of the country's best clinicians. You will be expected to develop and lead innovative extended scope of practice programs as well as develop new programs to better care for our patients. Research and education will also be a core focus of your practice. The position offers a rare opportunity to lead national priorities, support research, develop and mentor staff and enhance clinical services across a range of surgical specialties.
• Demonstrate leadership and complex decision-making skills
• Communicate effectively
• Ability to search and analyse medical literature
• Advanced presentation and writing skills
• Ability to collaborate with individuals from other departments including medical, nursing and administrative staff
• Ability to communicate in spoken and written English
• Advanced computer skills
• Registered pharmacist with AHPRA
• Relevant clinical post-graduate qualification such as Masters of Clinical Pharmacy or equivalent is highly desirable
• Credentialed or a portfolio that demonstrates progression towards credentialing as Advanced (Level 2 or 3) on the Australian Advanced Pharmacy Practice Framework is highly desirable
Applications close at midnight on Sunday 4th December 2022. For a confidential discussion please contact Sharon Selvanayakam Lead Pharmacist - Surgical Services on firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications must be submitted electronically via the Alfred Health website - applications forwarded to the contact email address will not be considered.
To apply: https://www.livehire.com/job/alfredhealth/62106