Senior Pharmacist - Surgical Programs
- Permanent Full Time
- Grade 3 Position
- Eastern Health Pharmacy Department
Eastern Health is one of Melbourne’s largest public health services. We provide a range of emergency, surgical, medical and general healthcare services, including maternity, palliative care, mental health, drug and alcohol, residential care, community health and state-wide specialist services to people and communities that are diverse in culture, age, socio-economic status, population and healthcare needs.
About the role
Eastern Health operates five pharmacy departments. Our enthusiastic team of pharmacists and technicians are dedicated to providing high quality, evidence-based care to our patients at the time they are most needed. Our pharmacy department strongly values professional development and clinical education. We have an ongoing commitment to practice-based research and offer opportunities for involvement to all staff.
An exciting new opportunity exists at Eastern Health for a passionate pharmacist with sound clinical knowledge to join our dedicated team in a Senior Pharmacist - Surgical Programs position. This position is a member of the Eastern Health pharmacy team and is responsible for the direction, planning, provision, and review of pharmacy services to the Eastern Health Surgical Programs. In addition to clinical pharmacy services, the position may be involved in supervision, orientation and education of students/interns/residents/pharmacists. The position will work in conjunction with the Associate Program Director Pharmacy Clinical Services to develop Eastern Health Surgical Programs and to participate in driving improvements.
To be successful in this role you will possess:
- Registered as a Pharmacist with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA)
- Current and advanced hospital pharmacy experience in Surgical Programs
- Able to function effectively in a multidisciplinary team
- Commitment to optimum patient focused care and professional practice
- Staff supervision, interpersonal skills, ability to facilitate open discussion and resolve conflict
- Ability to perform under pressure, to meet time constraints and determine work priorities and a high level of organisational skills
- Leadership, negotiation and decision making skills
- Ability to manage change and quality improvement activities
- Ability to work as part of a team to build relationships and work in partnerships
- Commitment to participate in personal and departmental ongoing professional development, continuing education and peer review.
- Excellent communication skills
Please refer to the attached position description for further details of the role.
Vaccination against infectious disease is a mandatory requirement of this role. An offer of employment is conditional on you providing evidence that you are currently vaccinated against COVID-19 with booster & Influenza, prior to commencing employment.
What we offer
Eastern Health offers a variety of fantastic Employee Benefits, view the extensive range here!
- Diverse and engaging career opportunities
- Friendly & supportive team
- Flexible working hours
- Salary packaging options
- Career progression in our teaching hospitals
If you believe you have the ability to make a difference in this rewarding industry, apply today!
- All applications must be submitted online via E-Mercury (job number #29653)
- All appointments are made subject to a satisfactory Fit2Work Check, where preferred candidates will be required to complete a Criminal History Check at the expense of Eastern Health.
- You must have Australian work rights to apply for this position.
- Recruitment agency applications will not be accepted.
Eastern Health is a child safe organisation, committed to promoting the wellbeing and cultural safety of Aboriginal children, children with disabilities and all children in their diversity.
Eastern Health is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment that welcomes and values all people. We recognise that diversity is essential in ensuring Eastern Health provides the best service to its consumers.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, women, those from the LGBTIQ+ community, people living with disability and those from a culturally and linguistically diverse background, are strongly encouraged to apply. Those seeking support in submitting an application are welcome to contact the hiring manger listed or feel free to contact the Talent Acquisition team.
Eastern Health Values: Patients First | Agility | Humility | Respect | Kindness | Excellence
**Please note applications will be screened upon receipt and advertising may close prior to the closing date.**