Job Code: 20259
Employer: Alfred Health
Closing application date: 16/06/2019
Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory, to inpatient and home and community based services.
Senior Clinical Pharmacist at Sandringham Hospital
Full-Time – 80 hours per fortnight plus ADO
12 month fixed contract – Parental Leave
Grade 3/4 depending on experience
The Pharmacy Department works closely with patients, their family and other health services to provide high level pharmaceutical care. Our departments’ priorities are to provide information on medication safety, cost-effective use of medication for patients and deliver specialised pharmacy expertise at important points of a patient’s recovery or treatment process. The Pharmacy Department at Alfred Health is a dynamic and innovative service at the forefront of clinical practice.
Sandringham Hospital provides healthcare in emergency, paediatrics, general medicine and in outpatient clinics. The hospital works closely with community healthcare providers, including the Urgent Care Centre which is run by GPs who treat emergency patients with non-threatening conditions. The hospital also delivers elective general and orthopaedic surgery. Outpatient clinics include a fracture clinic, dialysis, paediatric and cardiac clinics. Obstetrics and gynaecology services at Sandringham are provided by The Royal Women’s Hospital onsite, however the pharmacy services to obstetrics and gynaecology are provided by the Alfred Health Pharmacy Department.
The Senior Clinical Pharmacist – Sandringham Hospital position is a clinical leadership position. Working closely with the Lead Clinical Pharmacist, Emergency and Acute Medicine, the post will provide progressive advanced level patient-centred care across Sandringham Hospital. The Senior Clinical Pharmacist – Sandringham Hospital will be responsible for the delivery and development of clinical pharmacy services to the Sandringham emergency department, surgical and medical wards, as well as the obstetrics and gynaecology wards.
This position has a key role in the managing and mentoring of junior pharmacists rotating through the service. This would also include undergraduate student placements, intern rotations, postgraduate student placements and a contribution to medical, nursing, allied health and pharmacy education.
Research is an essential part of pharmacy services at Alfred Health. The position holder would also be expected to contribute to the research and educational activities of the Emergency and Acute Medicine teams as well as pursue their own research.
Working at Alfred Health, benefits include:
- Salary packaging
- Discount health insurance
- Onsite gym
- Car parking
- Child Care
- Ability to demonstrate leadership and decision making skills
- Demonstrated knowledge in pharmacotherapeutics in General Medicine, Surgery, Emergency Medicine, Obstetrics and Gynaecology.
- Communicates regularly with pharmacists outside the organisation through active participation in the affairs of pharmacy professional organisations.
- Ability to search and analyse medical and paramedical literature
- Registered pharmacist with AHPRA
- Relevant clinical post-graduate qualification such as Masters in Clinical Pharmacy Practice or equivalent
- Completion of a specialist qualification, or completion or progression towards a PhD highly desirable
- Credentialed or a portfolio that demonstrates progression towards credentialing as Advanced (Level 2 or 3) on the Australian Advanced Level Framework highly desirable
How to ApplyVia this website
Download this position description and apply directly: Further Information:
Contact: Erica Tong 9076-2061