The Research team within the Alfred Health Pharmacy Department is expanding, with the creation of new a Senior Pharmacist position. The successful candidate will work as part of a highly successful team to support the established research programs of the department.
- Senior Pharmacist – Research
- Classification: Grade 3 Hospital Pharmacist SX6 – SX81
- Award: Victorian Public Sector (Medical Scientists, Pharmacists and Psychologists) Enterprise Agreement 2021-2025
- Full-Time: 80 hours per fortnight plus ADO
- Permanent position
- Based at The Alfred campus
Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne and also a major provider of specialist services to people across Victoria.
The Pharmacy services operate across all Alfred Health sites and are recognised nationally and internationally for high quality, innovative, patient-focused services, education and training programs and significant research output. The Pharmacy Research Team supports the best possible patient care through enhancing and developing research skills of pharmacy staff. We work closely with the Pharmacy Workforce and Development Team to provide training opportunities and development of research skills for all Pharmacy staff, including Pharmacy Interns, Foundation and Advanced Training Residents, as well as for Undergraduate Pharmacy Students and pharmacy staff undertaking post-graduate studies (eg, M Clin Pharm and PhD).
Further information is available at https://www.alfredhealth.org.au/services/pharmacy-at-alfred-health
We are seeking an enthusiastic and motivated pharmacist with experience in the development and implementation of research projects within the acute healthcare sector, demonstrated skills in mentorship of junior pharmacy staff, and in the provision of clinical services. You will work collaboratively with the Lead Research Pharmacist, our Research Assistants and the Pharmacy Workforce and Development Team to support the continued growth and development of our research programs. You will also contribute to the overall Pharmacy Service.
Working as a member of the Research Team, supported by expert senior staff, you will assist in the development and delivery of core research training, implementation of research projects and dissemination of research findings. These activities support our intern, undergraduate, residency and advanced residency programs. There will also be capacity for you to implement a research program of your own, aligned with the research priorities of the Pharmacy and Alfred Health organisational goals. In addition, you will be assigned a part-time clinical pharmacy role, and contribute to improving medication management within a multidisciplinary team.
As the successful candidate you will demonstrate:
- Experience with clinical research in a hospital or academic setting
- Experience in mentoring junior pharmacist or pharmacy students
- Experience in statistical analysis and publication of research finding
- High level of clinical skills and knowledge as well as judgement and reasoning
- Patient-centred approach to care
- Problem-solving and risk assessment abilities and the ability to use initiative
- Excellent communication, time management skills with the ability to prioritise, plan and organise your work and deliver to deadlines
- Ability to work effectively in multidisciplinary teams
Qualifications & Experience required:
- Registered pharmacist with AHPRA
- Relevant post-graduate qualification in clinical pharmacy or similar at a Masters or PhD level highly desirable
- Extensive clinical pharmacy experience in a tertiary care setting
- Experience, qualifications or a strong interest in clinical research and mentoring
- Credentialed or a portfolio that demonstrates progression towards credentialing as Consolidation or Advanced (Level 2 or 3) on the Australian Advanced Level Framework highly desirable
Benefits & Assistance Offered
Staff benefits include salary packaging, accrued day off, on site car parking, discounted private health insurance, access to gym and library facilities. Close to public transport and shops.
If this opportunity sounds like it is for you, click the APPLY button, including your resume and cover letter.
For further information or a confidential discussion, please contact Susan Poole by email on firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone (03) 9076 2061.
Applications close at the end of Wednesday 21st December 2022.
Applications must be submitted electronically via the Alfred Health website - applications forwarded to the contact email address will not be considered.
To apply: https://www.livehire.com/job/alfredhealth/62280