Job Code: 39981
Employer: Palmerston Regional Hospita
Salary: Remuneration Package $111,252 to $124,419 per annum (including salary $96,545 to $108,126).
Closing application date: 20/03/2018
Key Objective: To provide a comprehensive clinical pharmacy service to Rehabilitation Services and Geriatric Evaluation and Management (GEM) at Palmerston Regional Hospital (PRH), at the highest ethical and professional standards.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Provide a specialist clinical pharmacy service to patients in the Rehabilitation/GEM wards at PRH.
- Co-ordinate and deliver educational programs on therapeutics activities within Rehabilitation/GEM and the Pharmacy Department.
- Identify and co-ordinate quality improvement activities within Rehabilitation/GEM and the Pharmacy Department.
- Provide professional leadership, training and supervisory support to pharmacy staff and students and undergo regular performance management for self.
- Maintain contemporary pharmacy practice knowledge and participate in structured professional development activities.
- Take an active role in the senior pharmacy team through attendance at meetings and other activities as required.
- Develop, implement and maintain clinical guidelines and standards to support best practice.
- Provide teaching at a tertiary level and co-ordinate research activity within the Pharmacy and Rehabilitation/GEM, as required.
- Contribute to the weekend and on-call roster as required and be available for relevant emergency duties after hours.
- Follow defined service quality standards, work health and safety policies and procedures relating to the work being undertaken in order to ensure high quality, safe services and workplaces.
- Foster a positive workplace culture through exemplary leadership practices and role modelling behaviour.
Hours of work are 8am to 4.21pm Monday to Friday. Emergency duties after hours relating to the responsibilities of the position.
Department of Health has a Smoke Free Policy. Staff are not permitted to smoke anywhere on Departmental premises, facilities or vehicle nor whilst working off-site
- Six weeks paid annual leave with 17% loading
- Three weeks personal leave per annum
- Superannuation contributions of 9% are paid by the NT government
- Salary sacrifice of up to $9 010 into personal loans or the purchase of lap tops and other work related technologies.
- Salary sacrifice into superannuation
- Short-term on-site accommodation at Royal Darwin Hospital may be available for a nominal rent, subject to availability
- A degree or equivalent in Pharmacy and registration as a pharmacist with the Pharmacy Board of Australia.
- Extensive contemporary clinical pharmacy experience (preferably in Rehabilitation/GEM setting) and demonstrated ability to maintain currency of clinical knowledge.
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex clinical scenarios, problem solve and assist less experienced staff.
- Excellent negotiation and communication skills (both written and oral) and ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team.
- High level planning and time management skills including the demonstrated ability to prioritise and complete tasks within expected timeframes.
- Knowledge and understanding of the principles of continuous quality improvement and medication safety standards and relevance to hospital pharmacy setting.
- Extensive experience in the provision of continuing education and support to healthcare staff and patient groups.
- An understanding of Indigenous culture and an ability to interact effectively with people from diverse cultures.
- Postgraduate qualifications or research experience in clinical pharmacy or public health (desirable).
The preferred or recommended applicant will be required to hold a current Working with Children clearance and undergo a criminal history check. A criminal history will not exclude an applicant from this position unless it is relevant to the position.
Top End Health Service (TEHS) is the principal provider of health services across the Top End, encompassing the Darwin, Palmerston, Katherine and Nhulunbuy regions and all remote community locations within the associated areas and including the Tiwi Islands.
The Palmerston Regional Hospital (PRH) project will see the development of a new Level 3 Public Hospital, Phase 1 being a 116 bed facility with future expansion capacity. PRH will work as a component of an integrated and networked group of hospitals across the Top End of the NT, where all services are delivered by the Northern Territory Department of Health, through the Top End Health Service (TEHS). Royal Darwin Hospital will continue to play an important part in supporting the Level 3 hospitals (Palmerston, Gove and Katherine) as the tertiary hospital in an integrated network health service.
Rehabilitation Services and Geriatric Evaluation and Management will be expanding and relocating from Royal Darwin Hospital to PRH when the new hospital opens.
Department Head: Jac Crofton, A/Director of Pharmacy Royal Darwin Hospital
The PRH pharmacy department will be modern and progressive. The department will be made up of 5 pharmacists, 1 intern pharmacists, and 3 pharmacy technicians and will be part of an integrated service with Royal Darwin Hospital.
Services provided at PRH include ward based clinical and drug information services, in-patient and out-patient dispensing, and non-sterile manufacturing.
We have a strong commitment to professional development and will support the successful candidate to further their managerial and leadership skills.
The department has close links with Charles Darwin University and provides teaching services to the undergraduate pharmacy degree program and is developing joint practice research projects.
We are currently seeking expressions of interest from experienced pharmacists who are enthusiastic and motivated to be part of our senior pharmacy team.
How to ApplyVia this website
Contact: Mc Jac Crofton - A/Director of Pharmacy, Royal Darwin Hospital, Jackie.firstname.lastname@example.org (08) 8922 8359