- Senior Pharmacist Projects Pharmacist (Medication Optimisation) - Grade 3
- Full-time (permanent) - 80 hours per fortnight plus ADO
Alfred Health incorporating The Alfred, Caulfield Hospital and Sandringham Hospital
The Pharmacy services operate over 4 sites within Alfred Health and involve in training interns, undergraduate and overseas research students. Pharmacists are essential members of all clinical teams and have a critical role in patient management. Their understanding of Pharmaceutics, Pharmacology and Medicine Management ensures Alfred Health patients receive the best pharmacy care possible. Further information is available at https://www.alfredhealth.org.au/services/pharmacy-at-alfred-health
- Assist in the development and implemtnation of a medicines optimisation strategy.
- To assist the Associate Director with contracts management and revenue related projects.
- To assist the Associate Director and Formulary Manager and liaise with relevant stakeholders regarding opportunities for medication utilisation
- To contribute to the development of appropriate audits and reports to monitor drug use and prescribing patterns, financial analysis and reporting for consideration at Drugs & Therapeutics Committee (DTC).
- To assist the Formulary Manager with monitoring, reviewing and improving hospital medication processes by implementing quality improvement projects.
- To take a role in drug protocols development and cost-effective use of medications as required.
- Ability to demonstrate leadership and decision making skills
- Ability to search and analyse medical and paramedical literature
- Ability to analyse and review clinical and financial data in a number of formats
- Advanced presentation and writing skills
- Ability to liaise with individuals from other departments including medical, nursing and administrative staff
- Ability to communicate in spoken and written English
- Advanced computer skills including database and excel management
- Must have a strong commitment in patient care, continuing education, personal professional development and research
QUALIFICATIONS and EXPERIENCE
- Registered pharmacist with AHPRA
- Relevant post graduate qualifications, preferably Masters degree level or recognised specialisation qualifications relevant to the position.
- Credentialed or a portfolio that demonstrates progression towards credentialing as Advanced (Level 2 or 3) on the Australian Advanced Level Framework highly desirable
- Hospital pharmacy experience in clinical and non-clinical services.
- Experience in the critical evaluation of medical literature
- Superior administrative and organisational skills, and exhibit the ability to work and communicate effectively with pharmacy staff and other health professionals.
- Onsite gym (currently closed due to COVID)
- Child care
- Discount health insurance
- Salary packaging
- Car parking
If this opportunity sounds like it is for you, click the APPLY button, including your resume and cover letter.
Applications close at midnight on Sunday 20th September
For a confidential discussion please contact Diane Walters, Associate Director of Pharmacy - Tel: +61 3 9076 2061 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications must be submitted electronically via the Alfred Health website - applications forwarded to the contact email address will not be considered.
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.