The Mental Health Central Australia Health Services (MHCAHS) is looking for a Specialist Pharmacist to provide a comprehensive clinical pharmacy service and ensure that all pharmacy services provided are of the highest ethical and professional standards consistent with Departmental and MHCAHS policies.
MHCAHS is a specialist clinical service that provides a multi-disciplinary client centred approach to therapeutic intervention and support for individuals experiencing mental illness or mental health problems in Central Australia. Services include assessment, treatment and clinical interventions within a case management model to consumers of all ages in urban, rural and remote settings.
Department of Health has a Smoke Free Policy. Staff are not permitted to smoke anywhere on Departmental premises, facilities or vehicle nor whilst working off-site.
How to Apply
Apply via the NTG Jobs Website listed or for further information please don't hesitate to contact Stephanie Giles on 08 8951 7570 or email@example.com
Key duties, responsibilities, selection criteria and further information are available in the attached job description.
- Full handover will be provided.
- Hours of work are 8am to 4.21pm Monday to Friday (1 hour lunch).
- Up to $500 reimbursement for costs incurred for relocating to Alice Springs.
- SIX weeks of paid annual recreation leave, plus leave loading.
- Salary sacrifice of up to $9,005 is available. Additional salary sacrifice can be accessed through car leases and meals.
- Professional Development Allowance up to $600 per full year of service, for assistance with CPD.
- On-site accommodation may be available for a nominal rent, subject to availability.
- Access to full/partial government scholarships for post-graduate studies and other work-related courses.
- Paid study leave days available after 6 months of service.
- Pharmacists working in Alice Springs are eligible for the 7CPA funding to support costs associated with travel and accommodation to attend professional development activities.
Alice Springs Hospital (ASH) has over 200 beds and is the sole hospital in Central Australia with a catchment area of 1.6 million square kilometres. The hospital has links with multiple Australian Pharmacy Schools and is a teaching centre for Flinders Medical School. Areas of speciality include Indigenous health, Renal, Intensive Care, Infectious Diseases, Emergency, Maternity and Obstetrics, Rehabilitation, Hospital in the Home, Palliative Care, Day Oncology, Mental Health, and General Medical, Surgical and Paediatric areas.
The pharmacy is a modern and progressive department which employs 18 pharmacists, 1 intern pharmacist and 10 pharmacy technicians. Services provided include ward based clinical and drug information services to Alice Springs and Tennant Creek Hospitals, as well as in-patient and out-patient dispensing, and non-sterile manufacturing. The regional pharmacy provides medicines and advice to remote health clinics in the NT, WA, SA and QLD border. ASH Pharmacy is an accredited SHPA Foundation Residency Program site and currently supports 3 Resident positions.
We have a strong commitment to professional development and will support the successful candidate to further their skills.
The Northern Territory is a great place to live and work, with a young, multi-cultural population, a rich culture, great schools and strong employment and real estate growth.
The Central Australian climate is desert, with hot summers and cool winters and supports a relaxed, outdoor lifestyle. Spectacular natural attractions such as the MacDonnell ranges and the Larapinta Trail are on your back doorstep. Alice Springs is the closest town to Uluru, Kata Tjuta (The Olgas) and Watarrka (Kings Canyon), popular Australian icons that attract thousands of international tourists each year.
To keep you entertained, Alice Springs has state-of-the-art sporting facilities, cinemas, a strong emphasis on community arts, and a great social atmosphere. The Territory is building on its strengths to make the future even brighter and is filled with opportunity – for individuals and for families. For more information on living and working in the NT visit www.theterritory.com.au “The Territory – Boundless Possible”