Senior Clinical Pharmacist – Mobile Assessment and Treatment Service (MATS) and Hospital Admission Risk Program (HARP)
- Full-Time - 80 hours per fortnight plus ADO
- Classification - Grade 3 SX6 - SX81
- Award - Victorian Public Sector (Medical Scientists, Pharmacists and Psychologists) Enterprise Agreement 2021-2025
- Permanent Position
The Pharmacy Department works closely with patients, their family and other health services to provide high level pharmaceutical care. Our departments' priorities are to provide information on medication safety, cost-effective use of medication for patients and deliver specialised pharmacy expertise at important points of a patient's recovery or treatment process. The Pharmacy Department at Alfred Health is a dynamic and innovative service at the forefront of clinical practice.
The Mobile Assessment and Treatment Service (MATS) is Alfred Health’s Residential Aged Care Facility in-reach service. The MATS team consists of a Consultant Geriatrician, senior doctors, senior nursing staff and an Aged Care Nurse Practitioner.
The Centralised HARP (Hospital Admission Risk Program) service is part of HARP CDM (Chronic Disease Management) and HARP Respiratory programs which aim to reduce preventable hospital admissions by providing comprehensive and integrated community-based care and support for people with complex and chronic needs.
This position is responsible for the delivery and development of clinical pharmacy services to the Alfred MATS service and is a clinical leadership position. Working closely with the Lead Clinical Pharmacist, the post will provide progressive advanced level patient-centred care across the MATS service. This post has a key role in the mentoring of junior pharmacists rotating through the RACC service.
The role with the HARP service is a consultation service by referral for review.
The position also includes supervising undergraduate student placements, intern rotations, postgraduate student placements and a contribution to medical, nursing, allied health and pharmacy education. Research is an essential part of pharmacy services at Alfred Health. The post holder would also be expected to contribute to the research and educational activities of the RACC teams as well as pursue their own research.
As the successful candidate you will demonstrate:
- Extensive experience in the provision of clinical pharmacy services to older people with multiple chronic diseases is useful
- Experience in managing people with cognitive or physical impairments that affect activities of daily living is useful
- Experience working with older patients is highly desirable
- Extensive experience with a demonstrated understanding of contemporary practice in QUM and therapeutics.
- Extensive experience in the critical evaluation of medical literature and demonstrated ability to translate into clinical practice
- Superior administrative and organisational skills and exhibit the ability to work and communicate effectively with pharmacy staff, medical, nursing and other health professionals.
- Proven ability to work effectively in a multidisciplinary team
- Registered pharmacist with AHPRA
- Relevant clinical post-graduate qualification such as Masters Clinical Pharmacy or equivalent or progression towards.
- A portfolio that demonstrates progression towards credentialing as Advanced (Level 2 or 3) on the Australian Advanced Level Framework highly desirable.
Working at Alfred Health, benefits include:
- Salary packaging
- Discount health insurance
- Onsite gym
- Car parking
- Child Care
If this opportunity sounds like it is for you, click the APPLY button, including your resume and cover letter.
For a confidential discussion please contact Karen Samuel, Lead Pharmacist - RACC Tel: +61 3 9076 2061 or via email: K.Samuel@alfred.org.au
Applications must be submitted electronically via the Alfred Health website - applications forwarded to the contact email address will not be considered.
Applications close: 11pm Sunday, 11th June 2023
To apply: https://www.livehire.com/job/alfredhealth/64365