Senior Pharmacist – Learning and Development
- Classification: Grade 3 Hospital Pharmacist SX6 - SX81
- Award: Victorian Public Sector (Medical Scientists, Pharmacists and Psychologists) Enterprise Agreement 2021-2025
- Full-Time: 80 hours per fortnight plus ADO
- Two Full Time positions (1 x Permanent and 1 x Fixed Term – Up to 12 months)
- Based at The Alfred campus
The Pharmacy Department works closely with patients, their family and other health services to provide high level pharmaceutical care. Our departments' priorities are to provide information on medication safety, cost-effective use of medication for patients and deliver specialised pharmacy expertise at important points of a patient's recovery or treatment process. The Pharmacy Department at Alfred Health is a dynamic and innovative service at the forefront of clinical practice.
The Alfred Pharmacy services operate across all Alfred Health sites and are well recognised nationally and internationally for high quality, innovative, patient-focused services, education and training programmes as well as significant research output. We are seeking an enthusiastic and motivated pharmacist with experience in clinical pharmacy to join our Learning and Development Team. You may not have any formal experience in an education team, but have a strong baseline of knowledge and skills to build on from clinical practice.
Working as a member of the Learning and Development Team, supported by expert senior staff, you will assist in the development and management of core clinical education activities, including the design and implementation of key programs in our department. These programs include our intern, undergraduate, foundation residency and advanced residency programs, as well as key clinical pharmacy credentials. You will also be assigned a part-time clinical pharmacy role and will contribute to improving medication management within a multidisciplinary team. You will also be supported to conduct practice-based research projects in clinical pharmacy and clinical education.
The Learning and Development Team also manages a number of unique portfolios, which may suit your specific interests. These portfolios are split within the team depending on skill base and include:
- Clinical Trials CT Trial Hub credentialing program, which supports hospital across Victoria and interstate to build capacity in their Pharmacy Clinical Trials workforce (https://www.alfredhealth.org.au/news/alfreds-pharmacy-excellence-heads-to-the-regions/)
- The Pharmacy Learning & Development Hub, which runs external programs in Clinical Pharmacy and Intensive care, with more areas launching soon (https://learning.alfredpharmacy.org.au/)
- Monash University Pharmacy Undergraduate program Unit Coordinator for a specific unit
- Latrobe Health partnership in providing support for the development of educational and Residency programs at Latrobe Regional Health
As the successful candidate you will demonstrate:
- High level of clinical skills and knowledge as well as judgement and reasoning
- Patient-centred approach to care
- Problem-solving and risk assessment abilities and the ability to use initiative
- Excellent communication, time management skills with the ability to prioritise, plan and organise your work and deliver to deadlines
- Ability to work effectively in multidisciplinary teams
Qualifications & Experience required
- Registered pharmacist with AHPRA
- Relevant post-graduate qualification in clinical pharmacy highly desirable
- Extensive clinical pharmacy experience in a tertiary care setting
- Experience, qualifications or a strong interest in clinical education
- Salary packaging
- On site car parking
- Discounted private health insurance
- Access to gym and library facilities
- Close to public transport and shops.
If this opportunity sounds like it is for you, click the APPLY button, including your resume and cover letter.
All internal applications must be made via the careers page in eHub using your Alfred email address.
For a confidential discussion please contact Diana Sandulache, Deputy Director of Pharmacy - Workforce and Culture via telephone 03 9076 2061 or via email: firstname.lastname@example.org; or Nikki Creswell, Lead Pharmacist - Learning and Development via email: email@example.com
Applications close: 11pm Sunday, 8th October 2023
To apply: https://www.livehire.com/job/alfredhealth/66117