Job Code: 22032
Employer: Alfred Health
Closing application date: 11/09/2019
Senior Pharmacist Inpatient Services (Grade 3)
Full-time (permanent) – 80 hours per fortnight plus ADO
Alfred Health incorporating The Alfred, Caulfield Hospital and Sandringham Hospital
The Pharmacy services operate over 4 sites within Alfred Health and involve in training interns, undergraduate and overseas research students. Pharmacists are essential members of all clinical teams and have a critical role in patient management. Their understanding of Pharmaceutics, Pharmacology and Medicine Management ensures Alfred Health patients receive the best pharmacy care possible. Further information is available at www.alfredpharmacy.org.au
In association with the Deputy Director Pharmacy, take a lead on the professional leadership, management and direction of the inpatient dispensary service at The Alfred Hospital.
Maintaining a central role in the leadership, management and communication between the dispensary and the wards.
Provision of safe and efficient dispensing services to patients of the Alfred Hospital.
Supervision of relevant pharmacy staff in the performance of their daily responsibilities.
Relevant pharmacy staff compliance with pharmacy and hospital procedures relating to their responsibilities including but not limited to Dispensing, Drug Formulary and Drug Guidelines
Provision of a safe and efficient pharmacy service to Alfred Health inpatients including the provision of safe, efficient and economical use of medicines.
- Onsite gym
- Child care
- Discount health insurance
- Salary packaging
- Car parking
- Ability to demonstrate leadership and decision making skills
- Demonstrated knowledge in pharmacotherapeutics and economics
- Communicates regularly with pharmacists outside the organisation through active participation in the affairs of pharmacy professional organisations.
- Ability to search and analyse medical and paramedical literature
- Patient-centred approach to care
- A proven ability to manage staff, change and service development
- Excellent communication and time management skills with the ability to prioritise, plan and organise your work and deliver to deadlines
- Ability to work effectively in multidisciplinary teams
- Advanced presentation and writing skills
- Ability to liaise with individuals from other departments including medical, nursing and administrative staff
- Advanced computer skills
QUALIFICATIONS and EXPERIENCE
- Registered pharmacist with AHPRA
- Relevant post-graduate qualification such as Masters in Clinical Pharmacy Practice/Pharmacy Practice or equivalent
- Completion of a specialist qualification, or completion or progression towards a PhD highly desirable
- Credentialed or a portfolio that demonstrates progression towards credentialing as Advanced (Level 2 or 3) on the Australian Advanced Level Framework highly desirable
How to ApplyVia this website
Download this position description and apply directly: Further Information:
Contact: Belinda Theobald 9076-2061