Job Code: 26703
Employer: Alfred Health
Closing application date: 23/02/2020
Senior Pharmacist Inpatient Dispensary Services (Grade 3)
Full-time (permanent) – 80 hours per fortnight plus ADO
Alfred Health incorporating The Alfred, Caulfield Hospital and Sandringham Hospital
The Pharmacy services operate over 4 sites within Alfred Health and involve in training interns, undergraduate and overseas research students. Pharmacists are essential members of all clinical teams and have a critical role in patient management. Their understanding of Pharmaceutics, Pharmacology and Medicine Management ensures Alfred Health patients receive the best pharmacy care possible. Further information is available at www.alfredpharmacy.org.au
- In association with the Deputy Director Pharmacy, take a lead on the professional leadership, management and direction of the inpatient dispensary service at The Alfred Hospital.
- Maintaining a central role in the leadership and communication between the dispensaries, pharmacy department, the wards, clinics and ancillary support services.
- Provision of safe, timely and efficient medication access to patients of the Alfred Hospital.
- Supervision of relevant pharmacy staff in the performance of their daily responsibilities.
- Relevant pharmacy staff compliance with pharmacy and hospital procedures relating to their responsibilities including but not limited to Dispensing, Drug Formulary and Drug Guidelines
- Provision of a safe and efficient pharmacy service to Alfred Health inpatients including the provision of safe, efficient and economical use of medicines.
- Onsite gym
- Child care
- Discount health insurance
- Salary packaging
- Car parking
- Ability to demonstrate leadership and decision making skills
- Demonstrated knowledge in pharmacotherapeutics and economics
- Communicates regularly with pharmacists outside the organisation through active participation in the affairs of pharmacy professional organisations.
- Ability to search and analyse medical and paramedical literature
- Patient-centred approach to care
- A proven ability to manage staff, change and service development
- Excellent communication and time management skills with the ability to prioritise, plan and organise your work and deliver to deadlines
- Ability to work effectively in multidisciplinary teams
- Advanced presentation and writing skills
- Ability to liaise with individuals from other departments including medical, nursing and administrative staff
- Advanced computer skills
QUALIFICATIONS and EXPERIENCE
- Registered pharmacist with AHPRA
- Relevant post-graduate qualification such as Masters in Public Health / Pharmacy Practice / Clinical Pharmacy Practice / Health Management / Economics or equivalent
- Completion of a specialist qualification, or completion or progression towards a PhD highly desirable
- Credentialed or a portfolio that demonstrates progression towards credentialing as Advanced (Level 2 or 3) on the Australian Advanced Level Framework highly desirable
How to ApplyVia this website
Further Information: Belinda Theobald 9076-2061