Job Code: 19083
Employer: Alfred Health
Closing application date: 08/09/2019
Senior Clinical Pharmacist in Emergency Medicine
Permanent, Full-time, Grade 3
The Pharmacy services operate across all Alfred Health sites and are well recognised nationally and internationally for high quality, innovative, patient-focused services, education and training programmes as well as significant research output.
Clinical pharmacy services are aligned with the Alfred Health clinical program structure. Clinical pharmacists are attached to medical units and work alongside medical, nursing and allied health teams to achieve the best medical outcomes for patients. Each team of clinical pharmacists is supported by a Lead Clinical Pharmacist with specialist expertise. This unit and structure team base underpins the excellence in patient care of our clinical pharmacy services. Further information is available at www.alfredpharmacy.org.au
The Senior Clinical Pharmacist -Emergency Medicine is responsible for the delivery and development of clinical pharmacy services to the Alfred Emergency and Trauma Centre and Sandringham Emergency Department.
The Emergency Department clinical pharmacy services are well developed and involve many advanced level pharmacist-led initiatives across extended hours and the spectrum of patient presentations from critically unwell to chronic disease management in the emergency short stay unit. Working within the Emergency multi-disciplinary teams, you will provide innovative pharmacy services to achieve the best medical outcomes for individual patients.
As Alfred Health is an academic health centre, you will also contribute to improving medication management on a larger scale through support of practice-based research, education and managing and mentoring junior pharmacists rotating through the service. This would include undergraduate student placements, intern rotations, postgraduate student placements and a contribution to medical, nursing, allied health and pharmacy education.
- Salary Packaging
- Discount health insurance
- Child Care
- Onsite gym
Skills and Experience
- Registered pharmacist with AHPA
- Extensive experience in the provision of an advanced clinical pharmacy service in Emergency Medicine or relevant speciality unit
- Relevant post-graduate qualification such as Masters in Clinical Pharmacy Practice highly desirable
- Completion of specialist qualification, or completion or progression towards a PhD highly desirable
- Credentialed or a portfolio that demonstrates progression towards credentialing as Advanced (Level 2 or 3) on the Australian Advanced Level Framework highly desirable
- Superior administrative and organisational skills and exhibit the ability to work and communicate effectively with pharmacy staff and other health professionals.
- Extensive experience in supervision and mentoring staff
How to ApplyVia this website
Download this position description and apply directly: Further Information:
Contact: Erica Tong 9076-2061