Senior Pharmacist Emergency Medicine
- Permanent, Full Time
- Grade 3 Position
- Generous salary packaging options
Eastern Health is one of Melbourne’s largest public health services. We provide a range of emergency, surgical, medical and general healthcare services, including maternity, palliative care, mental health, drug and alcohol, residential care, community health and state-wide specialist services to people and communities that are diverse in culture, age, socio-economic status, population and healthcare needs.
About the role
An exciting opportunity exists for a passionate clinical pharmacist to join our dedicated team at Eastern Health (EH) Pharmacy and mainly work within Box Hill Hospital's (BHH) state-of-the-art Emergency Department and Short Stay Unit. BHH Emergency Department cares for over 70,000 patients annually, with an average of 195 presentations per day including neurology, cardiac, general medicine, renal, surgical, mental health and paediatrics. As a member of Eastern Health Pharmacy and Emergency Team, you will be part of a highly dedicated multi-disciplinary team. The successful applicant will be mainly based at BHH on a permanent, full time basis.
We are looking for a passionate and experienced emergency medicine pharmacist to join Eastern Health Pharmacy team. This position is responsible for the direction, planning, provision, and review of pharmacy services to the Eastern Health emergence departments across Box Hill, Maroondah and Angliss Hospital. In addition to clinical pharmacy services, the position will be involved in supervision and education of pharmacists/undergraduate students/interns/residents. Travel between campus and participation in weekend shifts will be required.
Eastern Health operates five pharmacy departments (Angliss Hospital, Box Hill Hospital, Maroondah Hospital, Peter James Centre and Wantirna Health). Our enthusiastic team of pharmacists and technicians are dedicated to providing high quality, evidence-based care to our patients at the time they are most needed. Our pharmacy department strongly values professional development and clinical education. We have an ongoing commitment to practice-based research and offer opportunities for involvement to all staff.
To be successful in this role you should possess the following.
- Current registration as a Pharmacist with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA)
- Current and advanced hospital pharmacy experience in emergency pharmacy service
- Commitment to optimum patient focused care and professional practice
- Staff supervision, interpersonal skills, ability to facilitate open discussion and resolve conflict
- Ability to perform under pressure, to meet time constraints and determine work priorities and a high level of organisational skills
- Leadership, negotiation and decision making skills
- Ability to manage change and quality improvement activities
- Ability to work as part of a team to build relationships and work in partnerships
- Commitment to participate in personal and departmental ongoing professional development, continuing education and peer review.
- Excellent communication skills
Please refer to the attached position description for further details of the role.
What we offer
Eastern Health offers a variety of fantastic Employee Benefits, view the extensive range here!
- Diverse and engaging career opportunities
- Friendly & supportive team
- Flexible working hours
- Salary packaging options
- Career progression in our teaching hospitals
If you believe you have the ability to make a difference in this rewarding industry, apply today!
- All applications must be submitted online via E-Mercury (job reference 24686)
- All appointments are made subject to a satisfactory Fit2Work Check, where preferred candidates will be required to complete a Criminal History Check at the expense of Eastern Health.
- You must have Australian work rights to apply for this position.
- Recruitment agency applications will not be accepted.
Eastern Health Values: Patients First | Agility | Humility | Respect | Kindness | Excellence