Senior Pharmacist (Emergency Department and the Geriatric Emergency Department Intervention) - HP4
Pharmacy Department - Mackay Base Hospital – Mackay Hospital and Health Service
106,833 - $114,960 per annum
Participate in, manage and lead specialist clinical pharmacy services within an evidence based, quality and multidisciplinary health care environment whilst providing services across multiple specialties within the Mackay Hospital and Health Service.
- Deliver high level clinical pharmacy services with a high degree of independence in support of the multi-disciplinary treatment of patients in the Emergency Department including the Geriatric Emergency Department Intervention program.
- Apply professional judgement to complex caseloads, exercising independent decisions within the boundaries of legislation, Queensland Health policy and in accordance with Society of Hospital Pharmacists of Australia (SHPA) and National Safety and Quality Health Service Standards, utilising validated evidence-based medicine.
- Develop and deliver specialist presentations and educational materials for pharmacists and other health professionals within and outside the hospital e.g. senior hospital staff, general practitioners, university students and community-based support groups and target client groups.
- Actively participate in collaborative interdisciplinary safety, quality and research initiatives as recognised as an expert point of reference within the pharmacy department and health service.
- Implement appropriate liaison systems to ensure continuity of care upon admission and discharge including but not limited to direct liaison with community-based health care providers, general practitioners, Residential Aged Care facilities and be able to identify support organisations, their roles and available services.
- Plan and evaluate clinical pharmacy service improvement initiatives through a review of protocols and developments of treatments pathways.
- Provide clinical practice and operational supervision to less experienced pharmacists and pharmacy staff.
- This position incorporates all the role requirements of lower level clinical positions within the Pharmacy department.
- The position will be required to work weekends, and on call duties as rostered.
Our Pharmacy Service is based at the Mackay Base Hospital and provides patient centred pharmacy services, seven days a week. Our pharmacy is not a retail pharmacy. It only provides medication on hospital prescriptions for use while patients are in hospital.
Your Employer – Mackay Hospital and Health Service:
Mackay Hospital and Health Service has eight hospitals, two multi-purpose health services and two additional community health services that employ more than 2,700 staff. The Mackay district covers an area of approximately 90,000km2 and provides services to approximately 182,000 people in Bowen, Cannonvale, Clermont, Collinsville, Dysart, Glenden, Mackay, Middlemount, Moranbah, Proserpine and Sarina.
Learn more about Mackay HHS on our website:
Please submit your application online via Smartjobs.qld.gov.au or Seek.com.au. Instructions including important background information and mandatory qualifications are provided in the Role Description. A copy of the Role Description can be found on www.Smartjobs.qld.gov.au.
Enquiries – Ron Nightingale – Director – 07 4885 5224
Job Ad Reference – QLD/347131
Closing Date – 08-07-2020