Senior Pharmacist – Dispensary
- Permanent, Full Time with monthly ADO
- Progress your career in this leadership position
- Up to $120K p.a. + super + salary packaging
Eastern Health is one of Melbourne’s largest public health services. We provide a range of emergency, surgical, medical and general healthcare services, including maternity, palliative care, mental health, drug and alcohol, residential care, community health and state-wide specialist services to people and communities that are diverse in culture, age, socio-economic status, population and healthcare needs.
Eastern Health operates five pharmacy departments (Angliss Hospital, Box Hill Hospital, Maroondah Hospital, Peter James Centre and Wantirna Health). Our enthusiastic team of pharmacists and technicians are dedicated to providing high quality, evidence-based care to our patients at the time they are most needed. Our pharmacy department strongly values professional development and clinical education. We have an ongoing commitment to practice-based research and offer opportunities for involvement to all staff.
About the role
An opportunity exists for a passionate pharmacist with sound clinical knowledge and leadership skills to join and lead our Box Hill Hospital Dispensary. The position is responsible for providing direction, planning, coordination, provision, and oversight of dispensary services at Box Hill Hospital. The position will work in conjunction with the Associate Program Director (APD) Box Hill Hospital to develop dispensary services for Box Hill Hospital.
To be successful in this role you will possess:
- Current and advanced hospital pharmacy experience, especially in the area of Pharmacy Dispensary Services
- Demonstrated ability to manage and give direction to Pharmacy staff
- Strong commitment to high quality patient care
- Sound clinical knowledge and experience in clinical education
- A commitment to quality improvement and patient care
- Well-developed interpersonal and leadership skills
- Previous hospital pharmacy experience is essential
- Excellent communicator and negotiator at all organisational levels and across campuses
- Demonstrated ability to implement change within a complex environment
Please refer to the attached position description for further details of the role.
Vaccination against infectious disease is a mandatory requirement of this role. An offer of employment is conditional on you providing evidence that you are currently vaccinated against COVID-19 with booster & Influenza, prior to commencing employment.
What we offer
Eastern Health offers a variety of fantastic Employee Benefits, view the extensive range here!
- Diverse and engaging career opportunities
- Friendly & supportive team
- Flexible working hours
- Salary packaging options
- Career progression in our teaching hospitals
If you believe you have the ability to make a difference in this rewarding industry, apply today!
- All applications must be submitted online via E-Mercury
- All appointments are made subject to a satisfactory Fit2Work Check, where preferred candidates will be required to complete a Criminal History Check at the expense of Eastern Health.
- You must have Australian work rights to apply for this position.
- Recruitment agency applications will not be accepted.
Eastern Health is a child safe organisation, committed to promoting the wellbeing and cultural safety of Aboriginal children, children with disabilities and all children in their diversity.
Eastern Health is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment that welcomes and values all people. We recognise that diversity is essential in ensuring Eastern Health provides the best service to its consumers.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, women, those from the LGBTIQ+ community, people living with disability and those from a culturally and linguistically diverse background, are strongly encouraged to apply. Those seeking support in submitting an application are welcome to contact the hiring manger listed or feel free to contact the Talent Acquisition team.
Eastern Health Values: Patients First | Agility | Humility | Respect | Kindness | Excellence
**Please note applications will be screened upon receipt and advertising may close prior to the closing date.**