Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory, to inpatient and home and community based services.
- Senior Pharmacist – Digital Health
- Full-Time - 80 hours per fortnight plus ADO
- Permanent position
- VICTORIAN PUBLIC HEALTH SECTOR (MEDICAL SCIENTISTS, PHARMACISTS AND PSYCHOLOGISTS) SINGLE INTEREST ENTERPRISE AGREEMENT 2017-2021
- Grade 3 (SX6-SX81)
The Pharmacy Department works closely with patients, their family and other health services to provide excellent service in the area of medication. Our department’s priorities are to provide information on medication safety, cost-effective use of medication for patients and deliver specialised pharmacy expertise at important points of a patient's recovery or treatment process. The Pharmacy Department at Alfred Health provides a dynamic and innovative clinical pharmacy service to ensure Alfred Health patients receive the best pharmacy care possible. Further information is available at https://www.alfredhealth.org.au/services/pharmacy-at-alfred-health
In association with the strategic priorities of the Digital Health Leadership Team, this role will play a key role in the coordination of a digital health strategy within Alfred Health pharmacy services. The Pharmacy Digital Health team has responsibilities spanning across all clinical information systems with medication components. This includes the Cerner Electronic Medical Record (EMR), iPharmacy, Omnicell Automated Dispensing Machines and Smart Infusion Pumps, all of which work in an integrated manner.
The Senior Pharmacist – Digital Health will work closely with clinical stakeholders across Alfred Health and third parties to further develop and refine the digital health medication footprint at Alfred Health. The role will have key responsibilities in managing cutting edge projects including first in country implementations and working in partnership with clinicians and vendors to develop new digital health functionality.
This position is a rare opportunity to help lead an exciting and motivated team, and will provide opportunities for project management, developing reporting capabilities and personal professional development. There is also a strong focus on research within the team and there will be opportunities to undertake digital health research projects under the guidance of the Chief Pharmacy Information Officer, Chief Nursing Information Officer and Chief Medical Information Officer.
- Ability to demonstrate leadership and decision making skills
- High-level communication skills
- Advanced computer skills and knowledge of clinical informatics/digital health
- Advanced presentation and writing skills
- Ability to liaise with individuals from other departments including medical, nursing and administrative staff
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Registered pharmacist in Australia
- A tertiary degree and /or professional qualification(s) in Computer Science, Information Systems, Health Informatics or IT / healthcare related experience highly desirable
- A background of at least 12 months in health informatics highly desirable
- Knowledge of and experience with Cerner EMR or equivalent EMR implementations and systems highly desirable
- Experience of information technology resources and implementation of new programmes within the healthcare setting
- Extensive hospital pharmacy experience with a demonstrated understanding of contemporary practice in hospital pharmacy services, drug therapy and health care administration highly desirable
- Experience in project management
As an Alfred Health employee, you will be a part of a dynamic team which work in one of Australian's leading clinical pharmacies.
- Salary packaging
- Discount health insurance
- Onsite gym
- Car parking
- Child Care
If this opportunity sounds like it is for you, click the APPLY button, including your resume and cover letter.
For a confidential discussion please contact Erica Tong, Chief Pharmacy Information Officer (CPIO) via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close 12 December 2021.
Applications must be submitted electronically via the Alfred Health website - applications forwarded to the contact email address will not be considered.
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.