- Full Time, Permanent position
- Grade 3 Pharmacist
- Based in Box Hill Hospital
Eastern Health is one of Melbourne’s largest public health services. We provide a range of emergency, surgical, medical and general healthcare services, including maternity, palliative care, mental health, drug and alcohol, residential care, community health and statewide specialist services to people and communities that are diverse in culture, age, socio-economic status, population and healthcare needs.
About the role
Eastern Health operates five pharmacy departments. Our enthusiastic team of pharmacists and technicians are dedicated to providing high quality, evidence-based care to our patients at the time they are most needed. Our pharmacy department strongly values professional development and clinical education. We have an ongoing commitment to practice-based research and offer opportunities for involvement to all staff.
An exciting new opportunity exists at Eastern Health for a passionate pharmacist with sound clinical knowledge to join our dedicated team in a Senior Pharmacist Aseptic Services position. This position is responsible for overseeing the delivery of pharmacy services to Aseptic Services at Box Hill Hospital. The position is responsible for the development, planning, directing, co-ordination and operation of the Box Hill Hospital pharmacy department sterile and cytotoxic preparations area with special reference to the relevant Therapeutic Goods Administration requirements, Australian Standards, and the Code of Good Manufacturing Practice (cGMP). This position will ensure the cGMP standards are met at all times resulting in high quality manufactured products. This position will ensure the aseptic preparations area meets the immediate and anticipated needs of our patients. The position will collaborate with Senior Pharmacist Maroondah Aseptic Services, Yarra Ranges Health, Healesville Hospital & Yarra Valley Health to ensure that aseptic practices are standardised and maintained across Eastern Health.
To be successful in this role you should possess the following. Please refer to Position Description on eMercury for the full details including major responsibilities.
- Registered or eligible for registration as a Pharmacist with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA)
- Current and advanced hospital pharmacy experience in Aseptic Service
- Sound knowledge and understanding of all relevant aspects of hospital pharmacy. In particular, demonstrated ability to practice in accordance with Society of Hospital Pharmacists of Australia (SHPA) Guidelines
- Demonstrate commitment to optimum patient focused care and professional practice
- Demonstrated understanding of customer service of internal and external customers and be committed to effectively meet their needs in a helpful and professional manner
- Developed staff supervision and interpersonal skills. Ability to facilitate open discussion and resolve conflict.
- Demonstrated ability to perform under pressure, to meet time constraints and determine work priorities and a high level of organisational skills
- Demonstrated leadership, negotiation and decision making skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage change and program development
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team to build relationships and work in partnerships
- Demonstrate commitment to continuing education and peer review
- Proficient computer and data management skills (including a minimum of intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office programs)
- Current Driver’s licence
What we offer
Eastern Health offers a variety of fantastic Employee Benefits, view the extensive range here!
The benefits of working for Eastern Health include:
- Diverse and engaging career opportunities
- Friendly & supportive team
- Flexible working hours
- Salary packaging options
- Career progression in our teaching hospitals
If you have the ability and drive to make a difference take hold of this opportunity and apply today!
For full details refer to the Position Description and direct all enquiries to the contact persons listed.
All appointments are made subject to a satisfactory police records check.
You must have the right to permanently live and work in Australia to apply for this job.
Please submit all applications online via eMercury reference number #23685. Recruitment agency applications will not be accepted.
Eastern Health Values: Patients First: Agility: Humility: Respect: Kindness: Excellence