- Senior Clinical Pharmacist (Grade 3)
- Full-Time - 80 hours per fortnight plus ADO
- Permanent position
- Alfred location
- Staff benefits
The Pharmacy services operate over 4 sites within Alfred Health and incorporate extensive clinical, education and research programmes involving training interns, undergraduate and postgraduate pharmacists and overseas research students. Services have been aligned with the Alfred Health clinical programme structure. Pharmacists are essential members of all clinical teams and have a critical role in patient management. Their understanding of medications, therapeutics, and medicine management ensures Alfred Health patients receive the best possible care.
The service has 3 key priorities:
- Medication Safety
- Cost effective use of medicines
- Delivery of specialist pharmacy expertise at critical points in the patient care pathway
Further information is available at http://www.alfredhealth.org.au/Department.aspx?ID=180
Alfred Health is currently seeking a Senior Clinical Pharmacist with expertise in Geriatric Medicine for the role of Senior Clinical Pharmacist- Health of Older People.
In this role, you will be expected to develop and lead innovative extended scope of practice programs, and develop new programs to better care for our patients. You will lead and develop a team of motivated pharmacists and work alongside some of the country's best clinical practitioners. Research and education will be a core focus of your practice.
The Health of Older People service provides care to patients across a continuum of inpatient, home based and community settings. It specializes in care for people with chronic or complex conditions associated with ageing (eg. Dementia, falls, continence and bone health), memory and thinking problems, chronic illness or disability. The Health of Older People service consists of inpatient units, a Transitional Care Program (TCP) and a range of specialised outpatient clinics.
- Ability to demonstrate leadership and make complex decisions.
- Communicate with internal and external stakeholders
- High attention to detail
- Customer and patient focus
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Registered pharmacist with AHPRA
- Clinical pharmacy experience in a major teaching hospital in Geriatric Medicine or a related area
- Relevant clinical post-graduate qualification such as a Master of Clinical Pharmacy or completion of specialist qualification such as Board Certified Geriatric Pharmacist (BCGP) are highly desirable
- Credentialed or a portfolio that demonstrates progression towards credentialing as Advanced (Level 2 or 3) on the Australian Advanced Level Framework highly desirable
As Senior Pharmacist you will be a part of a dynamic team which work in one of Australian's leading clinical pharmacies.
- Salary packaging
- Discount health insurance
- Onsite gym
- Car parking
- Child Care
If this opportunity sounds like it is for you, click the APPLY button, including your resume and cover letter.
For a confidential discussion please contact Karen Samuel – Lead Pharmacist – RACC at K.Samuel@alfred.org.au
Applications must be submitted electronically via the Alfred Health website - applications forwarded to the contact email address will not be considered.
Applications close Sunday 26th September 2021.