Job Code: 715602
Employer: SA Pharmacy - Mt Gambier Hospital
Salary: $108,448 - $116,253 (Pro-rate) AHP3
Closing application date: 21/02/2020
Responsible for the organisation, management and operation of the designated pharmacy area. The provision of a comprehensive high-level range of pharmacy services, to exercise independent and autonomous judgement in the provision of pharmacy services, medicines information and therapeutic advice to patients of the hospital as well as medical and nursing staff and other health professionals in accordance with hospital and divisional policies and procedures and professional standards and guidelines relating to pharmacy practice. The optimisation of outcomes for patients by implementing strategies to achieve the best possible quality use of pharmaceuticals in a safe and cost-effective manner and in accordance with hospital policy.
ESSENTIAL MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor of Pharmacy or equivalent
- Registered or eligible for registration with the Pharmacy Board of Australia
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and good public relations skills and ability to effectively communicate with a broad range of people.
- Ability to work independently or under broad guidelines and self-direction.
- Good organisation skills, attention to detail, ability to meet tight deadlines and accuracy within a complex environment.
- Demonstrated ability to undertake research, analyse and interpret data.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills.
- Proven ability to provide leadership and direction in investigating, changing, implementing and developing strategies for improving service delivery.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively within a multidisciplinary health care team.
- Ability to supervise, educate and train professional and non-professional staff.
- Extensive experience in a hospital pharmacy practice.
- Leadership, supervisory or management experience.
- Professionally and technically competent in pharmacy practice and services.
- Comprehensive knowledge of relevant codes of practice and standards.
- Post Graduate Qualification in pharmacy or related discipline.
- Member of a professional body.
- Relevant professional competency accreditation eg CGP.
- SHPA Resident training completed.
- Experience across multiple hospital pharmacy practice settings.
How to ApplyDownload this position description and apply directly: Further Information:
Contact: Melissa Ward 8204 1445