Senior Palliative Care Pharmacist and Pharmacy Manager Wantirna Health
- Senior Hospital Pharmacist Grade 3
- Permanent, Full Time
- Based at Wantirna Health
- Pharmacy Manager and Team Leader
- EH wide Palliative Care protfolio
- Progress your career
Eastern Health is one of Melbourne’s largest public health services. We provide a range of emergency, surgical, medical and general healthcare services, including maternity, palliative care, mental health, drug and alcohol, residential care, community health and state-wide specialist services to people and communities that are diverse in culture, age, socio-economic status, population and healthcare needs.
About the role
We are looking for an experienced Hospital Pharmacist who is passionate about Palliative Care Medicine to lead a team of wonderful rotational pharmacists, pharmacy residents and pharmacy technicians at Wantirna Health (Wantirna South). This role participates in dispensary and clinical pharmacy services at Wantirna Health as per the roster and provides mentorship to the rotational pharmacy residents, pharmacy interns and students. Participation in the weekend roster at Angliss Hospital (Upper Ferntree Gully) is required, when trained.
Eastern Health operates five pharmacy departments (Angliss Hospital, Box Hill Hospital, Maroondah Hospital, Peter James Centre and Wantirna Health). Our enthusiastic team of pharmacists and technicians are dedicated to providing high quality, evidence-based care to our patients at the time they are most needed. Our pharmacy department strongly values professional development and clinical education. We have an ongoing commitment to practice-based research and offer opportunities for involvement to all staff.
To be successful in this role you will possess:
- Registered or eligible for registration as a Pharmacist with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA)
- Sound knowledge and understanding of all relevant aspects of hospital pharmacy. In particular, demonstrated ability to practice in accordance with Society of Hospital Pharmacists of Australia (SHPA) Guidelines
- Demonstrated commitment to patient focused care and pharmacy service in professional manner
- Developed staff supervision, interpersonal skills, ability to facilitate open discussion and resolve conflict.
- Demonstrated ability to perform under pressure, to meet time constraints and determine work priorities and a high level of organisational skills
- Demonstrated leadership, negotiation and decision making skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage change and quality improvement activities
Please refer to the attached position description for further details of the role.
What we offer
Eastern Health offers a variety of fantastic Employee Benefits, view the extensive range here!
- Diverse and engaging career opportunities
- Friendly & supportive team
- Flexible working hours
- Salary packaging options
- Career progression in our teaching hospitals
If you believe you have the ability to make a difference in this rewarding industry, apply today!
- All applications must be submitted online via E-Mercury
- All appointments are made subject to a satisfactory Fit2Work Check, where preferred candidates will be required to complete a Criminal History Check at the expense of Eastern Health.
- You must have Australian work rights to apply for this position.
- Recruitment agency applications will not be accepted.
Eastern Health Values: Patients First | Agility | Humility | Respect | Kindness | Excellence