- Grade 3
- Temporary, Part Time Position (2 days a week)
- 12 months
Eastern Health is one of Melbourne’s largest public health services. We provide a range of emergency, surgical, medical and general healthcare services, including maternity, palliative care, mental health, drug and alcohol, residential care, community health and state-wide specialist services to people and communities that are diverse in culture, age, socio-economic status, population and healthcare needs.
Eastern Health operates five pharmacy departments. Our enthusiastic team of pharmacists and technicians are dedicated to providing high quality, evidence-based care to our patients at the time they are most needed. Our pharmacy department strongly values professional development and clinical education. We have an ongoing commitment to practice-based research and offer opportunities for involvement to all staff.
About the role
An opportunity exists for a passionate pharmacist with sound clinical knowledge and leadership skills to join and lead our Pharmacy Mental Health Program. This Eastern Health position will have the opportunity work across acutes sites Box Hill Hospital and Maroondah Hospital and be responsible for the direction, planning, provision, and review of clinical pharmacy services for the Mental Health Program, in addition work in collaboration with the Associate Program Director BHH/Clinical services to develop clinical services across Eastern Health.
To be successful in this role you will possess:
- Demonstrated ability to manage and give direction to Pharmacy staff
- Strong commitment to high quality patient care
- Sound clinical knowledge and experience in clinical education
- A commitment to quality improvement and patient care
- Well-developed interpersonal and leadership skills
- A commitment to quality improvement
- Previous hospital pharmacy experience is essential
Please refer to the attached position description for further details of the role.
What we offer
Eastern Health offers a variety of fantastic Employee Benefits.
- Diverse and engaging career opportunities
- Friendly & supportive team
- Flexible working hours
- Salary packaging options
- Career progression in our teaching hospitals
If you believe you have the ability to make a difference in this rewarding industry, apply today!
- All applications must be submitted online via E-Mercury
- All appointments are made subject to a satisfactory Fit2Work Check, where preferred candidates will be required to complete a Criminal History Check at the expense of Eastern Health.
- You must have Australian work rights to apply for this position.
- Recruitment agency applications will not be accepted.
Eastern Health Values: Patients First | Agility | Humility | Respect | Kindness | Excellence