• Join a dynamic team providing clinical pharmacy services across the Peninsula Health Mental Health Service.
• Salary packaging and staff parking on site is available.
• Enjoy the lifestyle benefits of Frankston and the Mornington Peninsula area
• Successful New Zealand candidates may be eligible for $10k relocation allowance from the Victorian Department of Health
Who We Are and What We Stand For
Peninsula Health is the major metropolitan health service caring for a community of 300,000 people. Our Vision is to provide exceptional health and community care. To realise this vision we need people who strive for a sense of achievement, take an interest in their individual growth, enjoy innovation and looking for ways to improve and have a passion for communicating and connecting with others.
In representing Peninsula Health, we expect all employees and volunteers to reflect our values: Be the Best, Be a Role Model, Be Open and Honest, Be Compassionate and Respectful and Be Collaborative. We are One Peninsula Health.
What You Will Be Doing
• Provide clinical leadership, management and develop service strategies to meet the expanding needs of the mental health pharmacy services.
• Proactively implement improvements to support best possible outcomes from medication management for mental health clients
• Identify, analyse, manage and where necessary, escalate areas of clinical risk
• Oversee the framework for the education and training of pharmacy staff including intern pharmacists with regards to mental health services
What You Need
We anticipate you will have:
• Full Pharmacy Board of Australia (AHPRA) registration with no restrictions to the scope of practice, or appropriate pharmaceutical qualification eligible for the registration.
• Significant experience in provision of clinical pharmacy services to mental health and experience in other clinical specialities
• Extensive experience in mentoring and supervision of staff.
• Demonstrated highly developed communication and liaison skills
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a multidisciplinary team
• Demonstrated ability to represent the pharmacy department on committees/working groups
• A commitment to Peninsula Health values
• Current Victoria driver's licence
• Staff in patient facing roles are required to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) in line with organisational infection prevention requirements.
• Masters in Clinical Pharmacy (or equivalent clinical qualification such as Board of
Pharmaceutical Specialties certification)
• Demonstrate commitment to development of the profession through involvement in relevant pharmacy organisations (e.g. SHPA, PSA, ACPP, AHP) or participation in relevant groups
• Team management experience.
• Research and/or projects to improve the pharmacy service.
If you experience any issues signing in or registering, please feel welcome to contact us - the People, Experience & Performance Team on (03) 9784 2700.
Peninsula Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We encourage applications from individuals from all cultural backgrounds including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people. We also provide a safe and supportive workplace for people with disabilities.
To find out more about our recruitment processes, compliance obligations and to prepare your application to join our team please visit:
This role must be fully vaccinated for Covid-19 and meet the requirements of the Peninsula Health immunisation policy.
Join Peninsula Health and help us to deliver safe, personal, effective & connected care to every person, every time.