Senior Antimicrobial Stewardship Pharmacist (Grade 3) - Sepsis Program
Permanent Full Time (80 hours per fortnight with ADO)
Candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as the position may close earlier that the specified closing date
About Grampians Health
Grampians Health was established 1 November 2021, bringing together Edenhope and District Memorial Hospital, Stawell Regional Health, Wimmera Health Care Group and Ballarat Health Services to deliver safe, sustainable, healthcare tailored to changing workforce and community needs, for the long term.
This partnership follows years of strong collaboration and close partnerships between the four health services. Together, we will deliver better healthcare, enhance services and advance careers, closer to home, now and into the future.
A career with Grampians Health means you are connected and are part of a team providing quality healthcare to rural and regional communities. Our communities are diverse, as is our workforce, with expert clinical staff from across the world choosing to live and work in our beautiful region.
Grampians Health provides acute, maternity, mental health, allied health, aged care, administration and support services. This means your career will be as diverse and rewarding as you strive to be.
About the role
We are seeking an energetic pharmacist to provide leadership and expertise to the rapidly expanding antimicrobial stewardship (AMS) service at Grampians Health. The successful applicant will join the AMS team in providing leadership and expertise for our AMS program, particularly our Sepsis Management Program. Opportunities exist for involvement in training, education and research, and other areas of pharmacy services.
- Opportunity to influence sepsis management and antimicrobial use
- Lead, facilitate and/or consolidate the processes required to ensure patients with sepsis are identified and managed in a timely manner, resulting in; reduced sepsis-related mortality, ICU- admission and hospital stay whilst ensuring early administration of IV antibiotics.
- Expand/support the expansion of the Sepsis Management Program to, for example, paediatric, aged care and other areas within Grampians Health.
- Lead and/or support the rollout of Sepsis Management Program to other partners within Grampians Health.
- Provide, where applicable, advice regarding prescription, dosing, appropriateness and compliance of antimicrobials with Grampians Health policies, and management of complex infections.
- Maintain currency of knowledge and expertise in Sepsis Management.
- Provide and maintain a therapeutic drug monitoring service to staff as required.
Skills and experience
- At least three years experience specifically in hospital. Experience in antimicrobial stewardship and/or sepsis management would be considered favourably.
- A Bachelor of Pharmacy or equivalent degree and current registration with the Pharmacy Board of Australia.
- Attention to detail and accuracy in the setting involving the supply and administration of antimicrobials and other medications.
- Postgraduate qualifications that are relevant to the role.
- Demonstrated experience in aseptic manufacturing of products.
- Experience in project management.
Grampians Health Culture & Benefits
At Grampians Health, we recognise our staff are our greatest asset. We are committed to providing a safe and healthy environment for our staff, patients, residents, visitors, volunteers and contractors at all sites.
- Salary packaging for living expenses such as rent/mortgage plus meals, entertainment & holidays
- Discounted on-site parking
- Access to discounted health club membership
- Staff rewards and recognition programs
Ballarat is the largest centre in Western Victoria and the states fastest growing inland city. Dubbed Australia's most liveable city in 2020, Ballarat is home to first class education, fine dining and boutique shopping. Uniquely located within easy access to Melbourne, Geelong, Bendigo and the Western district, Ballarat is blessed with some of Australia's most significant heritage buildings and natural landscapes.
How to apply
Click APPLY or contact Associate Professor David Kong, Deputy Director on 06 5320 4106 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org for a confidential discussion.
All appointments are subject to a satisfactory police records check, immunisation clearance and Working with Children check and/or NDIS Worker Screening Check.
All employees must be willing and able to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) when required, which at a minimum is a surgical mask. Additional PPE requirements are role-dependent.
Grampians Health is a child safe organisation, committed to the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people.
Grampians Health is committed to providing a diverse and inclusive workforce. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disability, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, mature age workers and lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer (or questioning), intersex and asexual LGBTQIA+.