Senior Antimicrobial Stewardship Pharmacist (Grade 3) - Sepsis Program
Permanent Full Time (80 hours per fortnight with ADO)
Candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as the position may close earlier that the specified closing date
About the role
We are seeking an energetic pharmacist to provide leadership and expertise to the rapidly expanding antimicrobial stewardship (AMS) service at Grampians Health. The successful applicant will join the AMS team in providing leadership and expertise for our AMS program, particularly our Sepsis Management Program. Opportunities exist for involvement in training, education and research, and other areas of pharmacy services.
- Opportunity to influence sepsis management and antimicrobial use
- Lead, facilitate and/or consolidate the processes required to ensure patients with sepsis are identified and managed in a timely manner, resulting in; reduced sepsis-related mortality, ICU- admission and hospital stay whilst ensuring early administration of IV antibiotics.
- Expand/support the expansion of the Sepsis Management Program to, for example, paediatric, aged care and other areas within Grampians Health.
- Lead and/or support the rollout of Sepsis Management Program to other partners within Grampians Health.
- Provide, where applicable, advice regarding prescription, dosing, appropriateness and compliance of antimicrobials with Grampians Health policies, and management of complex infections.
- Maintain currency of knowledge and expertise in Sepsis Management.
- Provide and maintain a therapeutic drug monitoring service to staff as required.