About the role:
We have an amazing full-time opportunity for a Pharmacist to join our supportive and dynamic team at the brand-new state of the art Northern Beaches Hospital to undertake a two year residency program. Joining an exceptional team, you will provide general and clinical pharmacy services to inpatients and outpatients, ensuring that all pharmacy activities are completed to a high level while supporting the quality use of medicines.
This exciting program is run in conjunction with the Society of Hospital Pharmacists of Australia (SHPA). You will be exposed to contemporary clinical pharmacy practice and a broad range of clinical and operational experiences, building a strong basis for your career as a Clinical Pharmacist. With the support of our leaders, you will be provided with the right tools and training to succeed in a highly developed and integrated clinical team. The two years is split into 4 blocks of 6 months including dispensary/operational, surgical, medical and elective rotation.
- The provision of efficient clinical pharmacy services to a clinical area
- Conduct medication chart reviews and medication reconciliation at transfers of care
- Efficient and effective dispensing and distribution of medication
- Medication counselling to patients
- Work cooperatively with multidisciplinary teams to provide routine advice in regards to patient care
- Support the quality use of medicines by participating in projects, audits, working groups or committees as required
- Support patients, carers, hospital staff and associated employees
- Educate and advise staff and customers on health promotion, disease prevention, drug selection and the proper use of medicines
- Develop and maintain personal residency program practice portfolio
- Contribute to on-call, after hours and weekend services
The person we are looking to hire:
- Current Pharmacist AHPRA registration
- Current professional indemnity liability insurance
- High attention to detail
- Proven ability to prioritise workload and forward plan
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills
- Proven ability to contribute in a team environment and develop good working relationships
About Epic Pharmacy:
Epic Pharmacy is one of Australia’s leading speciality pharmacy providers. We deliver top quality medication management and pharmacy services to hospitals and their patients. Underpinned by clinical excellence and a commitment to customer care, Epic delivers innovative medication management solutions for hospital, aged care and oncology facilities.
Northern Beaches Hospital is a 488 bed hospital providing care to both public and private patients. The hospital has a 50 bed Emergency Department, 14 operating theatres, 2 cardiac catheter labs, 4 procedural rooms providing a comprehensive range of surgical services, critical care and intensive care services. The hospital also has Maternity, Paediatric, Renal, Cancer Care and Mental Health services. The Epic team at Northern Beaches is situated in the foyer of the hospital and has 30 full-time equivalent staff, including both Pharmacists and Technicians. Our team is split between the dispensary and the wards with Pharmacists providing a full clinical service to all inpatient wards of the hospital.
What we offer:
We are a values-driven organisation and our leaders are strong believers in empowering people. We are professionals at what we do but still embrace a fun and collaborative culture, always celebrating our achievements and milestones. We also offer the following:
- Competitive remuneration
- Valued rewards and recognition program
- Professional development and goal setting
- Formal induction and training