Job Code: 232948
Employer: Epic Pharmacy
Closing application date: 25/12/2019
About the role:
We have an amazing full-time opportunity for a pharmacist to join our supportive and dynamic team at the brand-new state of the art Northern Beaches Hospital to undertake a two year residency program. Joining an exceptional team, you will provide general and clinical pharmacy services to internal and external patients, ensuring that all pharmacy activities are completed to a high level while supporting the quality use of medicines.
This exciting program is run in conjunction with the Society of Hospital Pharmacists of Australia (SHPA). You will be exposed to contemporary pharmacy practice and a broad range of clinical and operational experiences, building a strong basis for your career as a clinical pharmacist. With the support of our leaders, you will be provided with the right tools and training to succeed in a highly developed and integrated clinical team.
- Conduct medication chart reviews and medication reconciliation
- Dispense and supply medication and pharmacy products
- Medication counselling service to patients
- Review the Imprest service
- Development and maintenance of personal residency program practice portfolio
- Support the quality use of medicines by participating in projects, audits, working groups or committees as required
- Support patients, carers, hospital staff and associated employees
- Educate and advise staff and customers on health promotion, disease prevention, drug selection and the proper use of medicines
About Epic Pharmacy:
Epic Pharmacy is one of Australia’s leading specialty pharmacy providers. We deliver top quality medication management and pharmacy services to hospitals and their patients.
You will partner with our Epic team at the Northern Beaches Hospital, which is the result of the most significant public and private investment into a single health facility in NSW. This site provides patient-centred, personalised care to almost 500 beds and has a view to expand.
Part of something bigger:
As part of Icon Group, we have a strong presence in the hospital pharmacy sector that is well supported by our Pharmacy Practice Unit (PPU). We follow and live by the values of Innovate, Connect, On-Purpose, Energy and Nurture.
We are a values-driven organisation and our leaders are strong believers in empowering people to thrive in their career through personal and professional growth and development. We are professionals at what we do, but still embrace a fun and collaborative culture celebrating our achievements and milestones.
How to apply:
If you are interested in joining our team, please click ‘Apply Now’ and attach a cover letter and resume to your application.
For more information about the residency program see: https://www.shpa.org.au/residency/foundation
- Structured training and thorough induction provided
- Opportunity to work with cutting-edge technology
- Unique professional development opportunities across the organisation
- Rewards program and staff benefits
- Paid parental leave
The person we are looking to hire:
- Registration as a Pharmacist in the relevant jurisdiction
- Current professional indemnity liability insurance
- High attention to detail
- Proven ability to prioritise workload and forward plan
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills
- Proven ability to contribute in a team environment and develop good working relationships
How to ApplyVia this website