- Fixed term - until March 2025
- Full time - 80 hours per fortnight
- Classification - Grade 1 or 2 Pharmacist SW5 - SX5
- Alfred location
- Staff benefits
Alfred Health provides health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne and is a major provider of specialist services to people across Victoria. We operate across three outstanding inpatient facilities, The Alfred, Caulfield, and Sandringham Hospitals, and also provide specialist services to the state HIV and Sexual Medicine tertiary service. Our Pharmacy Service is well recognised nationally and internationally for high quality, innovative, patient-focused services, education and training programs as well as having significant research output.
The Foundation Residency program is an exciting opportunity to join this innovative team.
We provide a structured and supported two year program, nationally accredited by the Society of Hospital Pharmacists Australia. The program is targeted at motivated and enthusiastic pharmacists who have recently completed their internship or those new to hospital practice.
As a resident, you will be exposed to contemporary pharmacy practice and a broad range of clinical and operational experiences. A comprehensive curriculum outlines core knowledge and skills to be developed, with six-month rotations in a medical specialty, a surgical specialty, operations/support and an elective rotation which may include digital health or other specialised clinical areas.
Foundation residents also take part in rotations at Alice Springs Hospital which has a unique and exciting partnership with Alfred Health.
Key features of the program include:
- Comprehensive curriculum
- Clinical mentorship (including regular clinical assessments and feedback)
- Engagement in and completion of an audit or quality improvement project
- Development of an advanced practice portfolio.
Through the successful completion of the program, you can develop your practice towards the Advanced Pharmacy Practice Framework Transition Level (Advanced – Stage 1)
Qualifications and Experience Required
- Must hold General Registration as a pharmacist in Australia
- This position is suited to a newly registered or a pharmacist new to hospital pharmacy practice. Completion of an Internship in hospital pharmacy is desired but not essential.
- Note that the Residency program begins in March 2023. Successful candidates would commence earlier for a period of orientation prior to the program.
- Salary Packaging
- Discount Health Insurance
- Onsite Gym
- Child care services
Want to know more?
If you are interested in a Foundation Resident position, we strongly encourage you to attend the virtual information evening. This is a chance to understand the SHPA Foundation Residency program in more detail and ask questions with the program leads.
Please visit https://www.alfredhealth.org.au/services/pharmacy-at-alfred-health/pharmacy-careers-and-education/pharmacy-residencies for more information.
Enquires please contact Elira Menxhiqi, Lead Pharmacist - Workforce and Development via firstname.lastname@example.org or Erica Marsom, Senior Pharmacist – Workforce and Development via email@example.com or 03 9076 2061.
Applications must be submitted electronically via the Alfred Health website - applications forwarded to the contact email address will not be considered.
Applications close at the end of Sunday 4th December 2022.
To apply: https://www.livehire.com/job/alfredhealth/61752