How to Apply
Apply via the NTG Jobs Website listed or for further information please don't hesitate to contact Stephanie Giles on 08 8951 7570 or email@example.com for further information about the role. Start date is negotiable!
Key duties, responsibilities, selection criteria and further information are available in the attached job description.
Alice Springs Hospital Pharmacy department, together with the Renal (Central Australia Region) Health Service is looking for a Specialist Pharmacist to provide a comprehensive clinical pharmacy service to ensure that all pharmacy services provided are of the highest ethical and professional standards consistent with departmental and local policies.
The Renal Service is a specialist clinical service that provides a multi-disciplinary client centred approach to therapeutic intervention and support for individuals at all stages of chronic kidney disease. Services include assessment, treatment and clinical interventions for consumers of all ages in urban, rural and remote settings.
The catchment area for the Central Australia renal service is an area that encompasses two thirds of the Northern Territory and includes the Simpson and Tanami Deserts, the Barkly Tablelands and extends to the bordering areas of South Australia and Western Australia.
- A comprehensive orientation and handover will be provided. Support from the senior pharmacist team will be provided throughout your orientation period and beyond.
- Hours of work are 8am to 4.21pm Monday to Friday (1 hour lunch).
- Up to $2,000 reimbursement for costs incurred for relocating to Alice Springs.
- SIX weeks of paid annual recreation leave, plus leave loading.
- Salary sacrifice of up to $9,005 is available. Additional salary sacrifice can be accessed through car leases and meals.
- Professional Development Allowance up to $600 per full year of service, for assistance with CPD.
- On-site accommodation may be available for a nominal rent, subject to availability.
- Access to full/partial government scholarships for post-graduate studies and other work-related courses.
- Paid study leave days available after 6 months of service.
- Pharmacists working in Alice Springs are eligible for the 7CPA funding to support costs associated with travel and accommodation to attend professional development activities.
Health Service Information
Alice Springs Hospital (ASH) has over 200 beds and is the sole hospital in Central Australia with a catchment area of 1.6 million square kilometres. The hospital has links with multiple Australian Pharmacy Schools and is a teaching centre for Flinders Medical School. Areas of speciality include Indigenous health, Renal, Intensive Care, Infectious Diseases, Emergency, Maternity and Obstetrics, Rehabilitation, Hospital in the Home, Palliative Care, Day Oncology, Addiction medicine, Mental Health, and General Medical, Surgical and Paediatric areas.
The pharmacy is a modern and progressive department which employs 19 pharmacists, 1 intern pharmacist and 10 pharmacy technicians. Services provided include ward based clinical and drug information services to Alice Springs and Tennant Creek Hospitals, as well as in-patient and out-patient dispensing, and non-sterile manufacturing. The regional pharmacy provides medicines and advice to remote health clinics in the NT, WA, SA and QLD border. ASH Pharmacy is an accredited SHPA Foundation Residency Program site and currently supports 3 Resident positions.
We have a strong commitment to professional development and will support the successful candidate to further their skills.
The Northern Territory is a great place to live and work, with a young, multi-cultural population, a rich culture, great schools and strong employment and real estate growth. You can ride your bike to work and get there in under 10 minutes. No traffic jams or long commutes. You even have time to get a coffee before work!
The Central Australian climate is desert, with hot summers and cool winters and supports a relaxed, outdoor lifestyle. Spectacular natural attractions such as the MacDonnell ranges and the Larapinta Trail are on your back doorstep. Alice Springs is the closest town to Uluru, Kata Tjuta (The Olgas) and Watarrka (Kings Canyon), popular Australian icons that attract thousands of international tourists each year.
To keep you entertained, Alice Springs has state-of-the-art sporting facilities, cinemas, a strong emphasis on community arts, and a great social atmosphere. Weekends in Alice and adventures throughout the NT are always fun and there is always something to do!
The Territory is building on its strengths to make the future even brighter and is filled with opportunity – for individuals and for families. For more information on living and working in the NT visit https://northernterritory.com/