Job Code: # 1297490
Employer: South West Healthcare Warrnambool
Salary: As per award, As per “Victorian Public Sector (Medical Scientists, Pharmacists and Psychologists) Enterprise Agreement 2012-2016”
Closing application date: 01/10/2017
There is an exciting opportunity for a qualified Pharmacist (Grade 1 or 2) to join South West Healthcare in a full time position. This role will suit candidates who would be able to work in all areas including chemotherapy duties as rostered.
The successful applicant will be an integral part of our Pharmacy team, which comprises of nine (9) pharmacists, six (6) technicians and other related support staff. The team provides a regional service together with ward pharmacy, drug information, inpatient, outpatient and sterile dispensing. Duties will involve ward pharmacy, inpatient and outpatient dispensing, sterile dispensing (including TPN and IV additives).
- A position description and further details can be found at our website under Careers. http://www.southwesthealthcare.com.au/swh.aspx Note: If you experience any difficulties with this website or completing the application process, please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org Please note this address is for enquiries only and application cannot be submitted via this email.
Hours of Duty:
- 0830 -1730 Hours, Monday to Friday (38 Hour week)
- Rostered 0930 – 1230 Hours on Saturdays
- Rostered 1000 – 1200 Hours on Sundays
- Participation in On Call Roster
Comply with all relevant legislative requirements, organisational policies, by-laws, standing orders, vision or mission statements and values including, but not restricted to:
- Infection Control policies
- Confidentiality policy and privacy legislation
- Occupational Health and Safety policies and regulations
- Guidelines of the State Services Authority including the public sector Employment principles and Code of Conduct
- Fire, disaster and other emergency procedures
- Smoke Free Campus policy
- Risk Management policies and guidelines
- Consumer Participation Strategy
- Attend orientation/induction or other mandatory training and relevant Health Safety updates in areas such as Fire, Emergency Responses and Manual Handling
- Current Immunisation status in alignment with South West Healthcare’s Immunisation policy
- Promote the organisation in a positive manner
- Participate as a cohesive member of the health care team
- Respect the rights of individuals
- Provide a child safe environment
- Participate in Continuous Quality Improvement within the organisation
- Accept responsibility for your own personal belongings
- Respect and appropriately care for the organisation’s property and equipment
- Participate in an annual Staff Development Review
SWH embraces the following values:
- Holds a recognised degree in Pharmacy from an approved tertiary institution.
- Preferably has had some exposure to a broad range of Pharmacy services in the general hospital field.
- Has the ability to produce a service of excellence by use of Quality Improvement techniques.
- Is familiar with National Standards Accreditation requirements.
- Is able to work in and promote a multidisciplinary team environment.
- Has well-developed interpersonal skills.
- Has a current Victorian Driver’s licence.
- Has or will complete Pharmacist Certification in accordance with Victorian Policy for ‘Maintenance Pharmacotherapy for Opioid Dependence Appendix 5’
- The successful applicant will be required to consent to and undergo a Police Record Check
Applications are to be submitted online via our website only under Careers and need to include:
- An application letter
- Full personal particulars, qualifications and experience;
- Names of three (3) referees by Sunday 1 October 2017.
- Other documents you feel are relevant may also be attached: however this is limited to 5 documents and there is also a size limitation of no greater than 2 Mega Bytes
Time for a lifestyle change?
Join a workplace that’s friendly & welcoming!!
Located on the beautiful Great South Coast, South West Healthcare offers a comprehensive range of medical, surgical and psychiatric services. The Warrnambool campus has recently undergone a major capital redevelopment and is considered one of the most modern and technologically advanced health services in regional Australia. South West Healthcare is the major clinical and specialist referral centre for South West Victoria. The organisation serves a catchment in excess of 110,000 and comprises of a total of 246 beds (190 acute, 36 aged care and 20 mental health) and an extensive range of primary and community services.
The town has a population of over 33,380 and is a popular seaside resort located 264 kilometres southwest of Melbourne. The city boasts excellent sporting, education (pre-school to university), social and cultural facilities. Warrnambool’s award winning foreshore promenade is a 5.7km path that stretches from the breakwater along the coastline to the Hopkins River mouth. The promenade is very popular and you can walk, run, ride or skate along this scenic trail. Almost every year between June and September the Southern Right Whales return to the waters off Warrnambool and often swim within a hundred meters of the shore.
How to ApplyVia this website
Contact: Lisa Spence (Director Pharmacy) email@example.com (03) 55644109