Outstanding candidates are encouraged to apply for an exciting opportunity in a new senior hospital pharmacy project role.
The Grade 3 Project Pharmacist – Dispensing Capacity and Partnered Pharmacist Medication Chart Pilot is a temporary full-time position until 30th June 2022 to lead and manage the following pharmacy projects across Western Health:
- Implementation of expanded pharmacy dispensary and clinical service with large FTE uplift, rosters and Industrial Relations work;
- Implementation of live demand/capacity monitoring and workload management tool for dispensary and clinical pharmacy (to ensure a responsive system is in place that makes the most use of FTE i.e. transfer resource from dispensary to clinical pharmacy within a shift to where most needed;
- Implementation of partnered pharmacist charting pilot.
As a successful candidate you will commence at an exciting time as Western Health extends its pharmacy dispensary and clinical service. You will have the opportunity to lead the development and implementation of an expanded pharmacy service to meet increased patient discharge demand and reduce medication risk via an increase of clinical pharmacy service FTE towards SHPA ratios, prioritized by risk area.
The pharmacy service is committed to the continual improvement of services and this position is pivotal to achieving this goal.
This position offers the successful candidate the challenges and rewards of leading key pharmacy service enhancement projects to improve the patient experience at Western Health.
This new full time, temporary position is available now.
To be Successful in this Role you
- Have an extensive background in hospital pharmacy, including change management and successful project planning and implementation
- Implement change within complex environments and engage stakeholders both inside and outside of pharmacy via excellent communication skills
- Lead, empower and motivate staff to deliver high quality services.
Our workforce of over 9,000 employees are driven by our values of ‘Compassion, Accountability, Respect, Excellence and Safety’ (CARES). We value our people and provide them the opportunity to grow and develop. Our teams are friendly and supportive, ensuring we deliver a safe, person-centred and connected patient experience.
Western Health comprises of three acute public hospitals: Footscray, Sunshine and Williamstown Hospital. We also operate the Joan Kirner Women’s and Children’s, Sunbury Day Hospital, Transition Care at Hazeldean and a range of community based services. We care for a diverse community of over 1 million people with complex care needs ranging from Neonates to Geriatrics.
Our employees enjoy a wide range of benefits such as:
- Professional development support
- Career advancement opportunities
- Salary packaging including novated vehicle leasing
- Work-life balance
Western Health is an equal opportunity employer committed to attracting and retaining diversity in our workforce. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
Western Health is committed to providing a safe environment for the children and young people who are involved in our services, sites and operations. We follow and abide by all legislative requirements to keep children and young people safe.
All appointments are made subject to a satisfactory Police Record Check, an Immunisation status clearance and (if applicable) a Working with Children’s Check.
Western Health do not accept unsolicited resumes/applications from Recruitment Agencies.