Employer: The Society of Hospital Pharmacists of Australia
Salary: $80,000 - $90,000 excl. super & salary packaging
Closing application date: 25/08/2019
This is a fixed-term, part time position (0.8FTE) with flexible hours.
As part of the Advocacy and Leadership team, you will bring to the role a good background of experience as a hospital pharmacist or technician in dispensing and clinical care. This experience will be essential to help you draft documents discussing hospital pharmacy practice, medicines management and related matters such as health service funding and clinical guidelines, and work on emerging projects as required.
Working closely with the Senior Policy Analyst, Policy Officer and General Manager – Advocacy and Leadership, your energy and positive attitude will be essential to your success. This is a part-time position with flexible hours. Generous salary packaging is also available.
- Proactively liaise with SHPA members through Branches, Specialty Practice Groups, subject matter experts and other means, to ensure their expertise is evident in SHPA submissions, position statements and policy development.
- Draft responses to requests for submissions on key topics related to medicines management, clinical guidelines, hospital pharmacy practice, service delivery and clinical care in a timely manner.
- Use plain English to communicate complex information related to medicines and pharmacy and elevate the understanding and awareness of hospital pharmacy to non-pharmacy stakeholders.
- Ensure all content appropriately reflects the evidence-base, relevant regulation and legislation.
- Maintain a broad awareness of health policy and government initiatives as they relate to hospital pharmacy.
- Work with members to develop resources such as Practice Updates, position statements and discussion papers.
- Routinely scan media and government and stakeholder correspondence/websites to identify relevant consultations and calls for submissions.
We’re proud of who we are and what we can offer our team:
- Competitive salary
- Generous salary packaging
- Flexible working arrangements
- Friendly and social team who work hard but also love a laugh
- Enviable Collingwood location close to some of the best coffee and food in Melbourne
- Office dogs
About the company
We are a medium-sized, member-based organisation in the health sector. We have busy and quiet periods, though lately, mostly busy! We believe in healthy work/life balance; employee well-being is very important to us.
We foster a collaborative culture and cultivate a positive approach to our day-to-day workload. We like to share a laugh, while remaining serious about the important work that we do. If you’d like to learn more about who we are and what we do, please visit us at www.shpa.org.au.
Sound good? We’d love to hear from you.
What we are looking for:
- Experience in a hospital pharmacy setting either as pharmacist or technician
- Good knowledge of hospital pharmacy services and evolving pharmacy roles
- Strong communication skills especially in writing plain English for non-pharmacy readers
- Ability to take a strategic approach relevant to the not-for-profit sector
- Interest in hospital pharmacy practice, hospital funding and health policy more broadly
- Highly personable with a willing and positive approach to working within a small team
- High level of attention to detail
- Excellent planning, organisational, prioritisation and time management skills
- Ability to initiate activities and prioritise multiple tasks with minimum supervision
- Interest in research would be highly regarded
- Completion of a pharmacy undergraduate degree
- Experience in a membership organisation would be highly regarded
How to ApplyVia this website