- Fixed term – until December 2021
- Various Positions Available, including Full-time, Part-time and Casual (Flexible Hours)
- Classification code – Operational Pharmacy Technician Grade 1/2/3 depending on experience/qualifications
- Alfred location
- Staff benefits
An exciting position has arisen within the pharmacy department that supports the Alfred Pharmacy Services as one of Australia’s most progressive, dynamic and award winning departments. Successful candidates will play an integral role in the COVID-19 vaccination services of Alfred Health, including the preparation of vaccine doses for administration. The Pharmacy services operate across all Alfred Health sites and are well recognised nationally and internationally for high quality, innovative, patient-focused services, education and training programmes as well as significant research output. Further information is available at www.alfredpharmacy.org.au
In the role of Pharmacy Technician, you will support the day to day operations of our Department, in a busy and supportive environment. The Pharmacy Services operate over four campuses and have a pivotal role in the safe, efficient supply & distribution of medications to patients and services across Alfred Health and the local communities. The preparation of COVID-19 vaccines will be a core part of this role, but will also be required to assist the operational workforce to maintain the provision of our services across key areas of our business including Inpatient, Discharge and Outpatient dispensary services, Aseptic and Manufacturing services and Clinical Trials. The operational service works closely with the clinical pharmacists and other medical, nursing and allied health teams to achieve the best outcomes for our patients.
As a Pharmacy Technician with Alfred Health you will:
- Undertake training to empower you to safely and effectively work with COVID-19 Vaccines
- Prepare doses of COVID-19 vaccinations for use in Alfred Health’s clinics following Aseptic protocols
- Maintain accurate databases for vaccines per Department of Human Services guidelines
- Work within a great team to support services across our inpatient, discharge, outpatient and aseptic manufacturing dispensaries. There are also opportunities for experienced technicians to work in our day procedures areas and coordinate our Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme claiming.
- Assist in management of stock control
- Effectively communicate to staff and patients
- Meet service demands as required
- Contribute to the ongoing development of our department and services.
If you have excellent organisation and communication skills, a high level of attention to detail and are willing to learn and develop your personal skills while also contributing to team and organisational goals we want to hear from you. Flexible hours are available.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Previous pharmacy experience is desirable but not required
- Onsite gym
- Child care
- Discount health insurance
- Access to onsite discounted staff car parking
- Access to benefits including salary packaging options that increase your take-home pay and a comprehensive Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
If you are interested in this position or would like any further details, please contact Caylen Duncan, Lead Pharmacist - Leadership, Management & Culture - Tel: +61 3 9076 2061 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org