Pharmacy Technician Team Leader (Grade 4)
Join us to innovate as the first Grade 4 Pharmacy Technician Team Leaders at Monash Health. Our Pharmacy Department is excited to offer these new roles. As the successful candidate, you will manage and collaboratively develop the pharmacy technician services at Monash Health. You will work with our clinical, operational and leadership teams at either Casey Hospital or Monash Medical Centre. These are full-time, ongoing roles with salary packaging and professional development and research opportunities. Shifts are 8 hours, Mondays to Fridays plus some rostered overtime on weekends and public holidays.
- Two new Pharmacy Technician Team Leader roles are available:
- Casey Hospital, Berwick (1 EFT)
- Monash Medical Centre, Clayton (1 EFT)
- Innovate and collaborate to develop the technician roles and teams at Monash Health.
- Enviable and exciting opportunity to engage and lead your peers to build pharmacy teams of the future.
About our Pharmacy Department at Monash Health
More than 400 of us work at seven hospitals across south-east Melbourne. We support acute inpatient, outpatient, rehabilitation, obstetric and mental health services. We are a diverse group of professionals, focused on achieving the best outcomes and experiences for our community. Our close ties with tertiary institutions enable teaching and research opportunities.
About The Role
In these newly created leadership opportunities, you will work closely with the relevant Team at each site to provide best practice medication management and pharmacy services safely and professionally to patients, carers, clients and health care professionals.
You will lead the pharmacy technician/support staff team at your site, ensuring the pursuit of excellence and performance improvement in quality and safety, patient outcomes, patient satisfaction and employee engagement.
You will provide oversight, support and performance enhancement for employees allocated to your area.
These are full-time ongoing roles as subject to the Health and Allied Services, Managers and Administrative Workers Enterprise Agreement
- You have demonstrated leadership, negotiation and decision-making skills
- You work well with peers showing flexibility and adaptability
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- You work effectively in inter-professional teams
- You are committed to continued professional development and education
- You have a proactive, constructive and creative approach to problem solving for individual patients and service development
- You have clinical educator and/or supervision training, skills and experience
- You have management experience in areas such as rostering, professional development, performance enhancement and the supervision and training of staff.
What you need (italics indicates desirable)
- A completed Certificate IV in Health (Hospital Pharmacy Technician), or equivalent
- A minimum of three years full time experience as a qualified hospital pharmacy technician
- Australian working rights
- Working With Children Check
- Victoria Certificate of Education or equivalent
- Society of Hospital Pharmacists of Australia membership
- Experience working in specialised areas such as medicines information, PBS management, research or assisting in the compounding of pharmaceuticals with a high degree of autonomy and accountability
- Experience with supervision, training and mentoring of other pharmacy technicians
What we offer
- Access to Monash Health in-house learning portals to further expand your clinical and leadership skills
- Avenues to further develop your leadership and project management skills
- Support to attend relevant forums and conferences
- A supportive learning environment, should you wish to undertake postgraduate studies
Our full-time employees have the opportunity to accrue a day off every four weeks. In addition, you will have access to benefits including salary packaging options that increase your take-home pay, access to onsite subsidised staff car parking and a comprehensive Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
Monash Health recognises the value of equal employment opportunity and is committed to patient safety and promoting fairness, equity and diversity in the workplace. At Monash Health we are relentless in our pursuit of excellence and work to our six guiding principles.
How to Apply
Applications will only be accepted via the Monash Health online Mercury System only. Email applications will not be considered.
Offers of employment can only be made once all required probity checks have been completed. These include:
- Reference checks;
- A clear Police Check conducted within the last three months;
- A current Victorian Employee Working with Children’s Check (or proof of payment for same); and
- Proof of immunisation.
A request to conduct probity checks does not guarantee that an offer of employment will be made.
Under the Victorian Public Health orders, all employees working within the Public Health system must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and are required to provide acceptable evidence of their vaccination status. The current orders require evidence of three doses.
All applicants to positions with Monash Health will need to upload acceptable evidence of full vaccination against COVID-19 as part of their application. Acceptable evidence is a copy of your Immunisation History Statement or your COVID-19 Digital Certificate, which can be accessed via myGov.
Offers of employment will only be made to candidates who can provide evidence that they meet full vaccination status.
As part of our selection process, you may be invited by email to participate in an on-camera video interview.