Pharmacy Technician (Hospital) [Grade 2, TH6]
Grampians Health Ballarat
Full-time (80-hours per fortnight with ADO), Fixed Term Maternity Leave Cover with possibility of extension
About Grampians Health
Grampians Health was established 1 November 2021, bringing together Edenhope and District Memorial Hospital, Stawell Regional Health, Wimmera Health Care Group and Ballarat Health Services to deliver safe, sustainable, healthcare tailored to changing workforce and community needs, for the long term.
This partnership follows years of strong collaboration and close partnerships between the four health services. Together, we will deliver better healthcare, enhance services and advance careers, closer to home, now and into the future.
A career with Grampians Health means you are connected and are part of a team providing quality healthcare to rural and regional communities.
Our communities are diverse – as is our workforce, with expert clinical staff from across the world choosing to live and work in our beautiful region.
Grampians Health provides acute, maternity, mental health, allied health, aged care, administration and support services. This means your career will be as diverse and rewarding as you strive to be.
About the role
Grampians Health Ballarat is seeking qualified Pharmacy Technician(s) to join our friendly and professional team in the Pharmacy Department.
The role consists of providing support in several areas which may include but not limited to:
- Dispensary (dispensing of inpatient, outpatient and discharge medications) and where appropriate compounding and clinical trials-related assistance;
- Distribution of stock to ward areas including pre-packing;
- Other technical duties (e.g. purchasing, pharmacy store, COVID-vaccine logistics and deliveries) to assist in the day to day functioning of pharmacy department.
Skills and experience
- Successful completion of an accredited Technician qualification or equivalent; e.g. Certificate III in Health Service Assistance (Hospital Pharmacy Technician) or equivalent qualification as approved by AHPRA.
- Experience as a dispensary assistant or pharmacy technician in undertaking a range of dispensary tasks is viewed favourably.
Grampians Health Culture & Benefits
At Grampians Health, we recognise our staff are our greatest asset. We are committed to providing a safe and healthy environment for our staff, patients, residents, visitors, volunteers and contractors at all sites.
- Flexible work arrangements and purchase leave opportunities.
- Salary packaging for living expenses such as rent/mortgage plus meals, entertainment & holidays.
- Discounted on-site parking.
- Access to discounted health club membership.
- Staff rewards and recognition programs.
Ballarat is the largest centre in Western Victoria and the state’s fastest growing inland city. Dubbed Australia’s most liveable city in 2020, Ballart is home to first class education, fine dining and boutique shopping. Uniquely located within easy access to Melbourne, Geelong, Bendigo and the Western district, Ballarat is blessed with some of Australia’s most significant heritage buildings and natural landscapes.
How to apply
Contact Assoc Prof David Kong, Deputy Director of Pharmacy (QUM & Dispensary Services) on 03-5320 4106 or firstname.lastname@example.org for a confidential discussion.
All appointments are subject to a satisfactory police records check, immunisation clearance, satisfactory working with children check and/or NDIS worker screening check.
All employees must be willing and able to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) when required, which at a minimum is a surgical mask. Additional PPE requirements are role-dependent.
Grampians Health is a child safe organisation, committed to the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people.
Grampians Health is committed to providing a diverse and inclusive workforce. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disability, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, mature age workers and lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer (or questioning), intersex and asexual LGBTQIA+.