Job Code: 23702
Employer: Alfred Health
Closing application date: 15/11/2019
Operational Pharmacy Technician Grade 2/3 – Alfred Health Pharmacy
Full time, permenant – 80 hours per fortnight including ADOs
Alfred Health incorporating The Alfred, Caulfield Hospital, Sandringham Hospital and Melbourne Sexual Health Clinic
An exciting position has arisen within the pharmacy technician team that supports the Alfred Pharmacy Services as one of Australia’s most progressive, dynamic and award winning departments.
The Pharmacy services operate across all Alfred Health sites and are well recognised nationally and internationally for high quality, innovative, patient-focused services, education and training programmes as well as significant research output. Further information is available at www.alfredpharmacy.org.au
In the role of Pharmacy Technician, you will support the day to day operations of our Department, in a busy and supportive environment. The Pharmacy Services operate over four campuses and have a pivotal role in the safe, efficient supply & distribution of medications to patients and services across Alfred Health and the local communities.
Our operational workforce maintain the provision of our services across key areas of our business including Inpatient, Discharge and Outpatient dispensary services, Aseptic and Manufacturing services and Clinical Trials. The operational service works closely with the clinical pharmacists and other medical, nursing and allied health teams to achieve the best outcomes for our patients.
As a Pharmacy Technician with Alfred Health you will:
- Work within a great team to support services across our inpatient, discharge, outpatient and aseptic manufacturing dispensaries. There are also opportunities for experienced technicians to work in our day procedures areas and coordinate our Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme claiming.
- Assist in management of stock control
- Maintain competency by committing to education, training and personal development plans
- Effectively communicate to staff and patients
- Meet service demands as required
- Contribute to the ongoing development of our department and services.
If you have excellent organisation and communication skills, a high level of attention to detail and are willing to learn and develop your personal skills while also contributing to team and organisational goals we want to hear from you.
Previous hospital experience is highly desirable.
- Onsite gym
- Child care
- Discount health insurance
- Salary packaging
- Car parking
Qualifications and Experience
- Satisfactorily completed (or be eligible to complete) the Pharmacy Technician course Certificate III or IV approved by the Pharmacy Board of Victoria, or equivalent qualifications.
- Completed a Pharmacy Board approved aseptic and cytotoxic manufacturing course is desirable.
- Minimum of 2-years experience in hospital pharmacy desirable.
- Accuracy and efficiency in the supply of medications.
- Strong communication skills.
- Demonstrated teamwork, initiative and innovation.
How to ApplyVia this website
Further Information: Belinda Theobald 9076-2061