Job Code: 30342
Employer: Western Health
Closing application date: 10/12/2017
Seeking an enthusiastic Hospital Pharmacy Technician to work part time based out of Sunshine Hospital Pharmacy Department.
- Fixed term (Maternity Leave Cover), Part Time 64 hours per fortnight until Jan 2019
- Contribute to supply of medication for inpatients and outpatients
This is an excellent opportunity for a pharmacy technician to gain experience in a variety of areas including stores, imprest medication supply, dispensary and sterile cytotoxic compounding.
- To support pharmacists in providing a comprehensive clinical pharmacy service to the designated wards.
- To assist in the delivery of medications to the wards and to pharmacists
- To assist pharmacists in dispensing duties including in-patient, outpatient and discharge supply of medications
- Under the supervision of a pharmacist to assist with the preparation of sterile and cytotoxic products (must first undergo an approved aseptic cytotoxic dispensing course for technicians)
- To assist with stock receipt and management
All appointments are made subject to a satisfactory Police Record Check, an Immunisation status clearance and (if applicable) a working with children’s check.
Western Health do not accept unsolicited resumes/applications from Recruitment Agencies
We offer a wide range of benefits such as:
- Work-life balance
- Professional development and career advancement opportunities
- Salary packaging including novated vehicle leasing
- Discounted Onsite car parking
- Onsite fitness clubs
- Culturally safe and respectful environment
- Access to an Employee Assistance Program
- To be enrolled in or have completed a Certificate III in Hospital-Health Services Pharmacy Support or equivalent (i.e. UK BTEC or NVQ Level 3), recognized by the Pharmacy Board of Australia.
- Willingness to work across sites (Sunshine and Footscray)
- General computer skills
Western Health manages three acute public hospitals: Footscray, Sunshine and Williamstown Hospital. It also operates the Sunbury Day Hospital, Transition Care at Hazeldean and a range of community based services. We care for a culturally diverse population of more than 800,000 people. We have more than 7,200 employees who are driven by our values of ‘Compassion, Accountability, Respect, Excellence and Safety’ (CARES).
Our continued growth will see the completion of a new purpose built, multi-storey Joan Kirner Women’s and Children’s Hospital.
At Western Health, we value our employees and provide them the opportunity to grow and develop. Our teams are friendly and supportive, ensuring we deliver a safe, person-centred and connected patient experience. Western Health is an equal opportunity employer committed to attracting and retaining diversity in our workforce. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
How to ApplyVia this website
Further Information: Kathy Valenzuela (03) 8345 1676