Western Health is seeking an enthusiastic Grade 2 Pharmacy Technician to join our team on a permanent full time basis (80 hours per fortnight). The candidate we are seeking possesses outstanding interpersonal and computer literacy skills that demonstrate a willingness to develop and maintain their knowledge. This is an excellent opportunity for a driven Pharmacy Technician to join the Pharmacy team and contribute to the decisions that shape our health service and support Pharmacists in providing a comprehensive Clinical Pharmacy Service to designated wards.
To be Successful in this Role you
- Support the provision and management of stock within the pharmacy store, dispensaries and wards
- Assist clinical pharmacists in the provision of ward services
- Participate in manufacturing roles, including sterile, non-sterile and cytotoxic
- Assist with the dispensing of prescriptions and medication orders
- Hold a Certificate III Hospital Health ServicesPharmacy Support or equivalent
- Have well-developed communication and interpersonal skills
- Have well-developed computer literacy skills
Our workforce of over 11,000 employees are driven by our values of ‘Compassion, Accountability, Respect, Excellence and Safety’ (CARES). We value our people and provide them the opportunity to grow and develop. Our teams are friendly and supportive, ensuring we deliver a safe, person-centred and connected patient experience.
Western Health is in a period of rapid growth. Our services comprise of four acute public hospitals: Footscray Hospital, Sunshine Hospital (including Joan Kirner Women's and Children's), Williamstown Hospital and Bacchus Marsh & Melton Hospital. We also operate Sunbury Day Hospital, Hazeldean, Grant Lodge Residential Aged Care, as well as community health centres in Melton, Caroline Springs and Bacchus Marsh and a range of community-based services. We care for a diverse community of more than 1 million people with complex care needs ranging from Neonates to Geriatrics.
Our employees enjoy a wide range of benefits such as:
- Professional development support
- Career advancement opportunities
- Salary packaging including novated vehicle leasing
- Work-life balance
Western Health is an equal opportunity employer committed to attracting and retaining diversity in our workforce. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
Western Health is committed to providing a safe environment for the children and young people who are involved in our services, sites and operations. We follow and abide by all legislative requirements to keep children and young people safe.
All appointments are made subject to a satisfactory Police Record Check, an Immunisation status clearance (including evidence of COVID 19 vaccination) and (if applicable) a Working with Children’s Check.
Western Health do not accept unsolicited resumes/applications from Recruitment Agencies.