Employer: Monash Health
Salary: As per award
Closing application date: 17/02/2020
Join our highly skilled Pharmacy team supporting service delivery to Victoria’s largest health network.
- Be supported in opportunities to work in a variety of pharmacy technician roles
- Develop your career in a friendly, supportive environment
- Great opportunity for community pharmacy technicians looking for a change in career to join a dynamic workplace
- 1 Full time permanent positions
Monash Health provides integrated health care services available to over 1.3 million people, representing 32% of the population of greater Melbourne.
Our Pharmacy team provides a critical service that actively supports our goal of delivering outstanding patient experience in every case.
About the Role
As part of the team, you’ll be primarily responsible for providing pharmacy technician services safely and professionally at Monash Medical Centre. You may have the opportunity to work at our other campuses.
Specifically, your accountabilities will include:
- Pharmaceutical ward supply – work closely with the clinical pharmacy teams to manage and distribute appropriate levels of medicines, fluids and other products supplied by the pharmacy department
- Dispensary – assist with dispensing prescriptions, maintain stock levels within the dispensary, interact with patients, patient invoice management
- Aseptic Preparation Suite – prepare sterile pharmaceutical products and assist with cleaning and quality assurance activities(after successful completion of appropriate training and competency assessment)
What’s on offer at Monash Health?
- Opportunity to develop and extend your skills across a varied customer base
- Salary packaging options that increase your take-home pay
- Organisational commitment to your health and wellbeing, including on-site fitness centre, confidential coaching and support service and smoke free workplace
To take your application forward, you’ll need to demonstrate that you meet the following essential criteria:
- Proven ability to perform pharmacy technician duties to a high standard
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Certificate III or IV in Hospital Health Services Pharmacy Support or equivalent. Experienced community pharmacy technicians without an appropriate qualification will be supported by Monash Health to complete the Certificate IV qualification.
- Working With Children Check (current or application in progress)
- Availability to work weekends and public holidays, with significant notice provided.
In addition, the ability to satisfy the following desirable attributes will be highly regarded:
- Membership of Society of Hospital Pharmacists of Australia
- Previous experience working in a hospital pharmacy
- Understanding of and proficiency in Merlin pharmacy dispensing program
- Aseptic and cytotoxic manufacturing experience
How to ApplyVia this website
Download this position description and apply directly: Further Information:
Contact: Gail Price 9594 2360