Job Code: 01JAE
Employer: Canberra Health Services
Salary: $57,759 - $60,556
Closing application date: 01/07/2019
Technical Officer Level 1 – Pharmacy Technician (Job Number: 01JAE)
Job Title: Pharmacy Technician
Classification: Technical Officer Level 1
Position Number: P16801, several
Salary: $57,759 – $60,556
Branch: Clinical Support Services
Section: Pharmacy Services
Vacancy Type: Permanent Full-time
Closing Date: 1 July 2019
Contact Officer: Monica Rayson (02) 5124 2121 firstname.lastname@example.org
Canberra Health Services is a values-led Directorate. Our values guide our day-to-day actions, behaviours, decisions and communications to successfully deliver the best services to meet the needs of our community. They were developed by us, for us and are unique to our work.
Canberra Health Services is committed to the delivery of person and family centred, safe and high quality care in a sustainable health system. This will be achieved with key strategic priorities for CHHS which includes ensuring the delivery of Canberra Health Service’s Quality Strategy and government priorities, and aligning them with Canberra Health Service’s Territory Wide Services Framework.
Canberra Hospital and Health Services provides acute, sub-acute, primary and community-based health services to the ACT and surrounding region.
The key strategic priority for acute services is to deliver timely access to effective and safe hospital care services. The hospital delivers a full range of medical, surgical and obstetric services, including complex procedures in areas such as cardiac surgery, neurosurgery and neonatal intensive care.
Strong links exist between hospital and community-based services, as many of the operational divisions deliver services across the continuum of care to ensure continuity of care for patients. The community based services of ACT Health include Early Childhood, Youth and Women’s Health; Dental Services, Rehabilitation and Community Care; Mental Health, Alcohol and Drug Services. In addition, Justice Health Services are provided within the Territory’s detention facilities.
Canberra Health Services is a partner in teaching with the Australian National University, the University of Canberra and the Australian Catholic University.
The pharmacy department sits in the Division of Clinical Support Services. Clinical Support Services provide a range of services that support the clinical divisions within Canberra Hospital and Health Services (CHHS).
Overview of the work area and position
The Canberra Hospital and Health Services (CHHS) Pharmacy Department have a dynamic, talented team of approximately 100 staff, including: pharmacists, technicians and administration staff.
The department provides a range of clinical services to inpatients and outpatients including a number of specialised services. Under the direction of the Deputy Director of Pharmacy Support and Operations the pharmacy technicians will work closely with a team of dedicated and skilled technicians and pharmacists to deliver a safe, efficacious and patient centred service.
The pharmacy team charter is “Our competent and professional team will provide a contemporary and forward thinking pharmacy service that gives the best patient focused care possible and is valued by the ACT health community”
- Certificate III in Hospital-Health Services Pharmacy Support or equivalent,
- Experience working in hospital pharmacy
- Society of Hospital Pharmacists of Australia (SHPA) membership
Prior to commencement successful candidates will be required to:
- Undergo a pre-employment National Police check.
- Obtain a Compliance Certificate from OMU (Occupational Medicine Unit) relating to assessment, screening and vaccination processes against specified infectious diseases.
The successful applicants will be required to work across multiply CHHS locations. All new staff will be responsible to have their immunisation status up to date prior to commencing work with ACT Health.
- Under the supervision of registered pharmacists, assist in the provision of high quality clinical and supply pharmacy services in Canberra Hospital and Health Services including:
- Provision of drug distribution services across a range of stages from procurement, receiving and storing goods to dispensing and imprest distribution according to standard operating procedures.
- Undertake technician components of the prescription processing including data entry for prescription tracking and assisting with the PBS claim and reconciliation processes.
- Provide a high standard of customer service including but not limited to: phone calls, serving customers including patients, hospital staff and other people presenting to pharmacy and other duties as required.
- Non sterile and sterile compounding; assemble, calculate and compound sterile and non-sterile compounding preparations (including cytotoxic preparations) according to Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Undertake technical housekeeping activities, including data management and record keeping and filing as and when required.
- Undertaking other duties appropriate to this level of classification which contribute to the operation of the section with the delivery of high quality person and family centred, safe and high quality patient care.
These are the key criteria for how you will be assessed in conjunction with your resume and experience. Your statement of claims against the Selection Criteria should summarise how your skills and experiences would enable you to fulfil the responsibilities of the position. It is therefore in the interests of candidates to present their application in a way that demonstrates significant outcomes associated with each of the criteria, as well as the capabilities and behaviours that underpin them. (Please note that it is not necessary to address the capabilities and behaviours individually).
1. Proven commitment to the provision of patient centered care including high level of customer service
2. Demonstrated experience, knowledge and skills in a variety of hospital pharmacy technician duties including (but not limited to) supply services, and clinical pharmacy services.
3. Demonstrated intermediate level of interpersonal and communication skills, and computer literacy applicable to the hospital pharmacy setting.
4. Demonstrated commitment to building and maintaining effective working relationships, and the maintenance of a supportive work environment.
5. Demonstrated commitment to work, health and safety (WH&S) and the positive patient experience and displays behaviour consistent with Canberra Health Service’s values of Care, Excellence, Collaboration and Integrity.
How to Apply
To complete your application, you must prepare responses to the Selection Criteria and upload this as part of your application along with a current curriculum vitae. For more information on how to apply go to http://www.health.act.gov.au/employment/how-apply. For further information about the position and a copy of the performance expectations and jobs demands checklist, please contact the Contact Officer above.
Salary Range: 57,759.00 – 60,556.00
Contact Name: Monica Rayson
Contact Email: email@example.com
Closing Date: 01/Jul/2019, 11:59:00 PM
How to ApplyVia this website
Contact: Monica Rayson 02 5124 2121