Job Code: 10422
Employer: Ballarat Health Services
Closing application date: 17/12/2019
Pharmacy Department, Ballarat Health Services
Weekend or Casual Hours Available
Applications are invited from Pharmacy Students studying the Bachelor of Pharmacy degree/equivalent from a recognised university, for the position of Pharmacy Student with the Pharmacy Department of Ballarat Health Services.
The successful applicant will be required to work on Saturday (9am-1pm) as per roster, rotating with other pharmacy students within the Ballarat Health Services’ Pharmacy Department. The student will support pharmacy dispensary services under the supervision of the pharmacist by:
- Managing phone enquiries from wards, BHS staff and patients.
- Managing enquiries through the pharmacy front counter.
- Processing outpatient and inpatient medication supplies, and discharge prescriptions.
- Providing medication counselling to patients (under supervision).
The applicants must be able to perform the duties of a pharmacy student according to legal requirements, professional pharmacy standards, guidelines for Good Pharmaceutical Practice and under the supervision of the pharmacist. The successful candidate will engage in providing patient focused pharmaceutical care. The individual, where applicable, may also participate and contribute to the pharmacy departments and hospital’s quality projects and continuous improvement activities.
Applications can be made on the Ballarat Health Services website via the e-recruit portal. For further enquiries, contact Dr David Kong on 03-5320 4106 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Appointment is subject to a satisfactory Immunisation clearance and a satisfactory current Police Record Check.
All applications must be submitted online.
BHS is committed to providing a diverse and inclusive workforce. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disability, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, mature age workers and lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and intersex (LGBTI) people.
Leading Regional Health Service
1. Are you a student studying a Bachelor of Pharmacy degree/equivalent from a recognise university?
2.Are you eligible to work in Australia or, hold a valid working visa?
3. Are you registered with Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) or eligible to be registered with AHPRA to apply for this position?
How to ApplyVia this website
Contact: Dr David Kong 03-5320 4106