- Fantastic career development opportunity
- Provide essential services to the community
- Enjoy a role that will be varied, challenging and rewarding
- Multiple Casual roles including weekend work
The Pharmacy Department provides clinical pharmacy services, drug information, aseptic and oncology preparation, HITH and outpatient services. Specialist Pharmacists undertake medication safety, antimicrobial stewardship and radio pharmacy activities.
About the role
As the Pharmacy Student you will provide clinical pharmacy services to ensure safe, appropriate and efficient drug use within Barwon Health and on transfer to the community setting by:
- Undertaking assigned pharmacy roles under supervision
- Assisting in the dispensary with phone calls, dispensing prescriptions, restocking medication
- Undertaking medicine related courier duties.
- Assisting clinical pharmacists on wards
- Attending and participate in designated meetings
- Ensuring all work is completed accurately on time and in accordance with Barwon Health policies and procedure
You will have the opportunity to be part of a highly skilled, professional, friendly and dedicated workforce who take pride in providing high quality service. You will have support and guidance from fellow team members and management who exhibit our Barwon Health values, respect, compassion, commitment, accountability and innovation. We are all dedicated to supporting the organisation in achieving our vision of - By 2050 everyone in our community enjoys the best health and wellbeing in Victoria
- Flexible working arrangements
- Professional development
- Access to employee wellness program
- Salary packaging
- Social club
- Doorstep to the Great Ocean Road, Bellarine Peninsula and the Surf Coast
Sitting within one of Victoria’s six regional health centres, Barwon Health serves the community of Greater Geelong and beyond. Victoria’s second largest city after Melbourne! Derived from the local Wathaurong Aboriginal name for the region Djillong, Geelong is thought to mean ‘land’ or ‘cliffs’.
- Enjoy a range of lifestyle choices including inner city, coastal, suburban and rural homes at affordable prices.
- High standard of schooling options throughout the area
- A stone throw from the Surf Coast and Great Ocean Road
- Appreciate beautiful parks, rivers, walks and wineries
To find out more about the Geelong region, visit our Moving to the Region page on the Barwon Health website.
At Barwon Health we are committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce where we value each person’s uniqueness. We embrace diverse life experiences and the perspectives of our people, whilst providing high-quality health care to all members of our community, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, religion, cultural background, disability, or sexual orientation.
At Barwon Health we are committed to providing positive employment opportunities for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and welcome employment applications from candidates of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background.
We at Barwon Health strongly encourage people with disability and diverse backgrounds to apply for our roles.
We are strongly committed to the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people. Click here for further information on the Victorian Government’s Child Safe Standards: About Child Safe Standards | Victorian Government (www.vic.gov.au)
We are also proud to be Totally Smoke Free.
If we can assist you with any reasonable adjustments in order to submit your application for this role, Please contact the Talent Acquisition team via email at firstname.lastname@example.org noting your preferred method of communication and contact details and a member of the team will be in touch.
This role must be fully vaccinated for Covid -19 and influenza and meet the requirements of the Barwon Health immunisation policy.