NT Health is seeking an experienced registered Pharmacist to take up a full-time, 12 month contract, Pharmacy Manager role at Gove District Hospital (until Jan 2023).
As the Pharmacy Manager you will manage, lead and develop the pharmacy service at the Gove District Hospital, ensuring delivery of a high quality, culturally appropriate and effective pharmacy advisory and medicines distribution service within accepted professional standards and allocated resources.
In addition, you will be responsible for pharmacy staff supervision and development; participate in local and territory-wide health forums and meetings relevant to the duties and functions of the position.
- Great Career and lifestyle opportunities
• Competitive wages including salary packaging
• Hours of work are 8am to 4.21pm Monday to Friday (with a 1 hour lunch)
• SIX weeks of paid annual recreation leave, plus leave loading
• Relocation assistance
• Fares out of isolated location
• Professional Development Allowance
• Study leave days
• Supportive extended team environment
- A degree or equivalent qualification in Pharmacy and registration as a pharmacist with the Pharmacy Board of Australia.
- Extensive post-graduate hospital pharmacy experience in providing contemporary clinical pharmacy services.
- Demonstrated ability to provide expert advice on the interpretation of legislation and policies relating to the use of medicines.
- Demonstrated ability to initiate, implement and complete continuous quality improvement and service development activities.
- Experience in management and leadership.
- Ability to think laterally and solve complex problems with initiative.
- Proven high level communication and interpersonal skills, including well developed negotiation and conflict management skills, with significant experience working in a team environment to achieve positive health outcomes.
- Experience in the provision of continuing education, professional supervision and support to healthcare staff and a commitment to professional development.
- Postgraduate qualifications in clinical pharmacy, leadership, management or other relevant field.
- Experience working in Aboriginal Health.
Gove District Hospital is a 30 bed public hospital which provides a large range of acute-care services, including ED, general medical, general surgical, paediatrics and maternity. It is the referral centre for remote communities in East Arnhem Land and the town centre of Nhulunbuy. There is a strong focus on Indigenous Health.
The Gove District Hospital Pharmacy Manager will provides support to the Clinical Pharmacist and Pharmacy technician. You will be a valued part of the leadership team at Gove Hospital.
Outside of work the lifestyle benefits are exceptional – with virtually no winter, you’ll be able to enjoy the Top End’s outdoor lifestyle all year round, community activities, fiery sunsets over the water and easy weekend trips to many of the fabulous locations in and around East Arnhem Land www.eastarnhemland.com.au
The Northern Territory Department of Health is the leading employer of health and community service professionals and the largest public employer in the Northern Territory.
For more information on living and working in the NT visit www.australiasnorthernterritory.com.au “The Northern Territory – come share our story”
How to Apply
Contact: Kerry Brotchie 08 89870235