Job Code: 23518
Employer: St John of God Subiaco Hospital
Salary: $127,027-$131,394pa + Salary Packaging
Closing application date: 10/12/2018
Welcome to St John of God Health Care
As a Catholic, not-for-profit group, we invest in the communities we serve by updating and expanding our facilities and technology; expanding existing services and developing and acquiring new services; and providing Social Outreach services to people experiencing disadvantage to improve health and wellbeing.
With over 120 years’ experience in health care, we have an excellent reputation as a caring, nurturing and supportive employer. Learning is highly valued and there are many opportunities for professional development.
St John of God Subiaco Hospital seeks an experienced Pharmacist to coordinate and manage the Pharmacy Aseptic Services and be an integral component of the Pharmacy Department’s Senior Leadership team. The Pharmacy Coordinator (Aseptic Services) contributes to optimum pharmaceutical care for all patients by providing an efficient and effective operation with meets all relevant professional, legal and ethical standards.
Directly reporting to the Chief Pharmacist, you will take responsibility for the daily direction and control of Pharmacy Aseptic Services, including cytotoxic and non-cytotoxic drug preparation. Our services are provided from two compounding facilities within the hospital, and are staffed by a dedicated team of four pharmacists, and six technicians. You will be required to work closely with two cancer services clinical pharmacists within the Bendat Family Comprehensive Cancer Centre.
A refurbishment and systems development project is currently underway to enable the cytotoxic service to achieve TGA certification, and this position will contribute significantly to realising this outcome.
This position will be offered on a permanent full time basis, and participation on weekend and public holiday rosters may be required.
* All applicants must address the Selection Criteria (as detailed on the last page of the Position Description)
St John of God Health Care embraces diversity and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and people with disabilities.
Applications Close: COB 10th December 2018
As a not-for-profit organisation you will be rewarded with a remuneration package commensurate with your skills and experience, also offering attractive salary packaging opportunities, along with a working environment that is consistent with our values.
The successful candidate will have:
• A willingness and capacity to embrace the Mission and Values of St John of God Health Care.
• Licenced and registered to practice as a Pharmacist with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA).
• Demonstrated management, organisational, supervisory and leadership skills.
• Demonstrated expertise in aseptic and cytotoxic drug additive preparation services, and knowledge of training and quality requirements for these services.
• Competence in current drug knowledge and its application to the clinical setting.
• High-level verbal and written communication skills to effectively interact with accredited doctors, all levels of hospital caregivers, patients and external clients.
• Have an understanding of, and ability to apply occupational health and safety principles to ensure own safety and that of others in the workplace.
• Commitment to continuing professional development, post graduate education and peer review.
How to ApplyVia this website
Further Information: Peter Smart, Chief Pharmacist 08 9382 6357