Australia’s first Heart Hospital is opening soon! Join us at Australia’s only dedicated, purpose built heart hospital.
The Victorian Heart Hospital will be Australia’s first dedicated heart hospital and is nearing its final stages of construction. It will include a full range of ambulatory and inpatient cardiac care, including cardiac theatres, cardiac catheterisation laboratories, emergency, intensive care and ambulatory services such as cardiac CT, echocardiography and specialist consultation. It will also feature a unique, patient centred model of care. The Victorian Heart Hospital will also play a key role in advancing research and teaching and will be home to the Victorian Heart Institute, a brand new, health and medical research organisation at Monash University.
Recruiting Now - Pharmacists (rotational, Grade 2) – multiple opportunities available
As the rotational Pharmacist at the Victorian Heart Hospital Pharmacy Department, you will be part of the team commencing into the brand-new facility in early 2023. You’ll be welcomed into a positive and supportive environment, passionate about delivering cardiac care to a diverse and growing local community. This is truly an enviable and historic career opportunity to join Australia's first dedicated heart facility with access to education support within a tertiary hospital.
This position represents an exciting opportunity for an outstanding professional to join our brand-new Pharmacy Department and the pharmacy team to support the Victorian Heart Hospital and embed an exceptional operational or a clinical role to support the pharmacy service delivery. This role reports to the relevant Team Leader of the area – Victorian Heart Hospital.
These are full-time ongoing positions recruiting now and due to commence in early 2023.
A day in the life
We guarantee that no two days will be the same.
In this important role, you will
- ensure completion of required responsibilities and accountabilities as outlined in the position description
- provide exceptional patient centred care in all aspects of the position.
- have the opportunity to rotate across clinical, ambulatory and operational roles at the Victorian Heart Hospital
- be part of a pharmacy team, where you can learn from your colleagues
- have opportunities for supervision of students, pre-registrant pharmacists and foundation resident pharmacists
You’ll also enjoy working in brand new facilities in a dedicated heart hospital that will provide:
- improved facilities in a sustainable design, filled with colour, natural light and space
- dedicated leadership team fostering high performing talent and career progression within a tertiary hospital
- cutting edge state of the art technology and dedicated cardiac research unit
What you bring
Ability to work closely with the Monash Health Pharmacy team across all service areas including medical, nursing, midwifery and other employees as well as patients, carers, pharmacy students and colleagues from other hospitals.
You will bring the following demonstrated skills, experience, and knowledge:
- Current Pharmacist AHPRA registration
- Demonstrated previous hospital pharmacy experience
- Ability to work effectively in inter-professional teams
- Commitment to continued professional development and education
- Initiative, commitment and adaptability within a dynamic environment
- Supervision and mentoring of undergraduate Pharmacy students
- Relevant post graduate qualifications or working towards
- Previous involvement in research or quality improvement activities
- Australian working rights
On a personal level, you will demonstrate:
- exceptional interpersonal and stakeholder engagement skills
- a collaborative consultative approach to readily build strong professional relationships
- proven change management capabilities
- an understanding of, and positive contribution to a just culture
- proven ability to work independently and consult collaboratively to deliver excellent outcomes
- a proactive, organised and energetic approach to your work and a dedication to continuous improvement
- flair for technology will be highly regarded
You’ll be joining Australia’s first dedicated heart hospital and be a part of:-
- a passionate cardiac team dedicated to making a difference to the health of Victorians
- a friendly, flexible work environment
- unique opportunities for education, career growth and support
- mentorship from a highly experienced and respected team
- the largest public health service in Victoria, employing more than 22,000 people
We recognise the value of equal employment opportunity and are committed to patient safety and promoting fairness, equity and diversity in the workplace. At Monash Health we are relentless in our pursuit of excellence and work to our six guiding principles and iCare values.
Our employees enjoy a range of benefits including:
- salary packaging options that increase your take-home pay
- a comprehensive Health and Wellbeing program
- free flu vaccinations
- private health insurance at discounted rates
- health imaging services
- + more
How to Apply
We’re only able to accept applications submitted via the Monash Health online Mercury System.
For information including how to apply and probity check requirements, please refer to attached ‘Application Guide’ located under Position Documents
The Victorian Heart Hospital is planned to open in early 2023 – make sure you are a part of the team, Apply NOW!